Author Topic: Next seasons squad  (Read 10940 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Next seasons squad
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »
I think what we should be looking for is a central defender and a mid-fielder that are capable of scoring 10 goals + each.

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 06:41:31 PM »
It is impossible to say who our targets are until we see who decides to re-sign out of the players offered new contracts,we could be looking for defenders,midfielders and forwards.No matter what we will need a central defender,a play maker and  a quick forward with an eye for goal if GRIMSBY get there way.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:16 AM »

Noticed that Adrian Patulea has been given a free transfer by Hereford United.

This was the Romanian striker that was living in Lincoln and who played in a pre-season friendly for United two or three years ago at Shirebrook. Looked the part that afternoon and crashed one effort against the crossbar, but Tommy Taylor overlooked him. Patulea then impressed Lincoln City by running round their training ground with his wife on his back, scored a hat-trick in a pre-season friendly, signed a contract with the Imps and was top scorer in his first season. He since had spells with Leyton Orient and Hereford.

Wonder if he still lives in the Lincoln area? Still only 26 and with Boyes, Davidson and Dudfield having moved on, I'm sure we must be in the market for another striker from somewhere. If he is still living in Lincoln he could presumably travel to training and matches with Shane Clarke, who I imagine would also have been a team-mate at Lincoln. They presumably will have a good understanding havind released a few hit records together as well. I believe it was Patulea and Clarke who sang "Downtown" and "Don't sleep in the subway"?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
Sounds keen L P  ,     Alot of the players in the pre-chestnut era would insist on mounting their wives back.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 01:32:45 PM »
Good job we are not Chelski , there they just mount their mates wifes ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »
TT didn't overlook him - he was too good for us!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/