Author Topic: Retained and released  (Read 4572 times)

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Retained and released
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
United's retained and released list will be announced on http://www.bufc.co.uk this evening - somewhere around 7.30pm.

Tweet from Craig (@craigsingleton) a few minutes back

scottbufc

• View Profile
Re: Retained and released
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
If only we'd be able to keep all the players who will be on the retained list...

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
Shouldnt it read retained and resigned. Dont think anyone deserves to be released, all played a part this season. Even the players we think are going should be offered new deals. I for one will be sorry to see anyone leave.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
Well Bazza is here for one more year :)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:52 PM »
About what i thought with just the one suprise and that was boyes. althou of the pace for the last few games he has been outstanding at times

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »
About what i thought with just the one suprise and that was boyes. althou of the pace for the last few games he has been outstanding at times

Understand he lives quite far away, and wanted full time football for next season so seemed pretty inevitable. But I agree, off the pace both games against Guiseley, but still a good player.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
Not too many surprises,although i think Dan Haystead has been a bit unlucky.Good luck to all those not offered terms,especially Cully and Danny Davidison.It's fair to say both have had their critics at times,but they have played a major part in the success of the last two seasons.I wish them both the best for the future.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 08:02:38 PM »
Not too many surprises,although i think Dan Haystead has been a bit unlucky.Good luck to all those not offered terms,especially Cully and Danny Davidison.It's fair to say both have had their critics at times,but they have played a major part in the success of the last two seasons.I wish them both the best for the future.

+1
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
As others have said, Dan Haystead is the unluckiest player not to have been offered terms. Additionally, I thought Adam Boyes (17 league appearances, 6 goals) just about deserved an offer, perhaps in front of Marc Newsham (24 league appearances, 4 goals). I wouldn't have thought geography or wanting full-time football would have been factors in the Boyes decision, as otherwise Anthony Church wouldn't have been offered anything.

Haystead, Boyes and possibly Newsham aside, you can't really argue with the decisions.

Incidentally, are any of the reserve team players (Mickey Stones, etc) being offered first team contracts?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 08:43:01 PM »
 Noo surprises . . bring on the  New signings ..
 And Stoke City for the FA Cup .!.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 11:25:28 PM »
i think its spot on, although boyes is getting some grief he did enough for me but would have thought his wages would be high. feel sorry but haystead but we dont have the money for two first team keepers and doubt ha would stay just to play in reserve team! lets see the players under contract section filling up!! the more that are on there before i go on holiday the better.lol. UTP

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
Been a bit out of touch with footy this week with work commitments and I seem to have missed loads! Great to see Jase and Lee installed as joint managers. Pity about the lads being released, they all played their part for this fantastic football club and my best wishes go with them.

Up the Pilgrims!!!

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
I agree Haystead was unlucky but would especially like to say thanks to Cully and Danny D.

I suspected both would both be released but the club is a lot better off as they leave than it was when they arrived and, despite not being in the team much this season, Cully always appeared cheerful. There was obviously a good team spirit and I wonder how much of that was due to perpetual subs like him not getting the hump. Here's hoping all five get good deals elsewhere...