Author Topic: Tonight's game  (Read 13582 times)

Little Chip

• View Profile
Re: Tonight's game
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 10:23:05 PM »
I did not go to the Workington game, but by all accounts we did okay and came away with all the points, the Tuesday game v Histon we played some good football and should have won the game. Saturday we was rubbish, but last night we did okay played some football and was unlucky not to get something from the game, Stones for me was one of the better players and I felt sorry for the lad last night as the amount of shit he got from the fans was harsh, Holsgrove was the worst player for us by a mile, very poor. I do feel that we need to get behind the players, I know we all pay our money and have the right to pass comments but lets see how it pans out, there is alot of doom and gloom on here.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 11:34:01 PM »
I do feel that we need to get behind the players, I know we all pay our money and have the right to pass comments but lets see how it pans out, there is alot of doom and gloom on here.

are we supporters or berators?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:24 AM »
If we really are "supporters" then let us do just that.
United we stand..................

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
If we really are "supporters" then let us do just that.

2nd that, make some noise (possitively)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »

The Boston team on the pitch, and the managers have got to give the fans something to cheer about, Most people could not believe how badly the team were playing on sat against V Motors, after playing pretty good against Histon on the tueday, The managers got it wrong by changing the team from the Histon game, The reason the fans got behind the team in the second half off  last saturdays match against  Vauxhall Motors, was that the managers finally woke up and changed the team to 4-3-3, they at last realised that R Semple was a passenger in the team, he was not the only one who was not pulling his weight , but he was the most obvious,  If people on here keep slagging of the fans for not being supportive enough in their eyes, these said fans will certainly one day soon, keep their money in their pockets, and stay at home, then you will see the attendance drop  down to what Gainsboro and most of the other teams except Halifax get in this league, we are still the 2nd best supported team in this league, this is after being one of the most expensive grounds for admission, and also the only non league ground that segregates its own supporters, eg ( town-end from spain road) Why!!!!!!. I  think that the managers and BUFC should be very thankful for the support it now gets, after going backwards from the management and team we had last year, most supporters I talk too are off the same opinion, very disappointed.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »

The Boston team on the pitch, and the managers have got to give the fans something to cheer about, Most people could not believe how badly the team were playing on sat against V Motors, after playing pretty good against Histon on the tueday, The managers got it wrong by changing the team from the Histon game, The reason the fans got behind the team in the second half off  last saturdays match against  Vauxhall Motors, was that the managers finally woke up and changed the team to 4-3-3, they at last realised that R Semple was a passenger in the team, he was not the only one who was not pulling his weight , but he was the most obvious,  If people on here keep slagging of the fans for not being supportive enough in their eyes, these said fans will certainly one day soon, keep their money in their pockets, and stay at home, then you will see the attendance drop  down to what Gainsboro and most of the other teams except Halifax get in this league, we are still the 2nd best supported team in this league, this is after being one of the most expensive grounds for admission, and also the only non league ground that segregates its own supporters, eg ( town-end from spain road) Why!!!!!!. I  think that the managers and BUFC should be very thankful for the support it now gets, after going backwards from the management and team we had last year, most supporters I talk too are off the same opinion, very disappointed.

ceamboy, you have a point to an extent. However, "I  think that the managers and BUFC should be very thankful for the support it now gets" !!!
Don't be ridiculous. Oh, and sort out the 'of' and 'off'  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:54:47 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 08:47:22 PM »
We're all in it together people,  We're there for them when they need us, They're there for us when we need a release from the real world.  It's what got us this far.

"The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful"
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.