Author Topic: Discuss who MAY be B.U.F.C.s New Manager(s) HERE  (Read 13732 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Discuss who MAY be B.U.F.C.s New Manager(s) HERE
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »
 Let's keep it open and Super-Injunction free .
  Any discussion soon after appointment(s) will be seen as moaning , so get in now !
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:53:06 PM by father Ted »

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O Go On ! - Discuss who MAY be B.U.F.C.s New Manager(s) HERE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
There are pro's and con's to Lee and Canners but I think they'll get it.

But can JL put together a team capable of recreating this seasons finish? We dont know, sometimes you have to take a gamble, like what Ilkseton did with S&H.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
Would ..say .. C & Lee need a  long contract . . or any ?
  Couldn't we see how they did after a season say .?.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 04:03:02 PM »
Of the six shortlisted obviously Jason and Canners are one, almost certainly Paul Cox of Eastwood will be a candidate and possibly Mark Stimson ex Stevenage, Grays, Gillingham and Barnet must be applying for jobs as he tried to get the Grimsby vacancy. Justin Edinburgh looks like his club is about to fold (Rushden and Diamonds), and soon may need a job.
 Personally I think we should go for the double act dream team of Chris Sutton and Brian Little.  ;)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
Paul Cox with Jason as his assistant for me.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
I would keep the present two Jase & Lee on a One year deal. We didnt get promotion (still having tearful episodes) . It will give the club a chance to grow a little more off the field. These two know the squad ,so will know what is needed. I think as tough as it sounds canners should only be used in an emergency just like Jase this season. I also think this is a terrific squad for the budget (players ability that is ). I think we should explore the loughborough uni connection, via sleathy and cully who are there next year.Dont forget we got church, sleath,cully and murphy from there. There are some good players at uni level. I would have gone for a more experienced man if we had gone up but dont see the point now. Its not a negative way forward more a realistic approach. See how the season pans out both on and off the park ,if its not good on it make a change for season 12/13

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 04:31:06 PM »
Is JL prepared to be a number two to someone else though? Would Canners feel let down if he reverted to playing duties only?

It is a difficult job for the board this one.

I worry about JL and LC's lack of experience, but at the same time would like to see them given a chance.  Clearly the squad were up for playing for them, and the togetherness of this squad was clear for all to see.

How many of the current squad would a new manager keep? He would have his own players in mind of course, and that may lead to a bigger breakup of the existing squad than just losing Shaun Pearson and Anthony Church.

I am pleased that it isn't me that has to make the decision!!!!!

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 05:14:18 PM »
I know there listed as joint managers but it seems much like Jason takes a lead role, does 90% of the media duties and even after Canners was taken off on Sunday he just sat in with the rest of the subs, anyone who didnt know the club would have just assumed Jason was the main man. Maybe Canners should be given the assistants role with Jason as the main man.

I'd be highly surprised if someone like Paul Cox came in and took Jase as an assistant. He would most likely bring his own assistant someone he has known for a long time and likely also to be a friend.

Justin Edinburgh is a decent shout but then I would imagne most of this seasons squad would be moving on.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:38 PM »
 Maybe the future level of COACHING needs to be addressed at this time .
  I feel a high level of coaching tells over a season . . and is important as who the motivational  'manager'  may be  .
      I could see ..  A First Team Manager/ Coach ... aided by a Player/Coach as the minimum .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »
I'm sure Canners won't mind reverting to 'just' being club captain, as he has a few years playing in him yet!

With this in mind, I can see Big Jase maybe getting a coaching role in the club somewhere (CofE?), and someone like Mark Atkins of Matlock brought in...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
Jason already has a job as a Community Coach at Notts Forest.

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »
I know Mark Atkin from Matlock has applied but id be suprised and dissapointed if he was in the running.

AJHallgarth

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
How about David Holdsworth? He worked with many of our squad at Ilkeston.

(I don't remember seeing him appointed anywhere after leaving Mansfield.)

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »
There is  always chris sutton

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
I'm pleased i'm not the one who has to make the decision.My heart says Jason and Lee but my head isn't so sure.If it was Paul Cox at least he might be able to persuade Lee Stevenson to come................