Author Topic: Paul Cox is the front-runner for vacant Boston United manager's position. Echo  (Read 3148 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SportsEcho Image: SportsEcho
Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 07:00

FORMER Eastwood Town boss Paul Cox has emerged as a leading contender for the Boston United manager's job.

The Echo understands Cox has already been interviewed by the Pilgrims and is waiting to hear if he will be the man to succeed Rob Scott and Paul Hurst on a permanent basis.

Chairman David Newton wants a boss with non-league experience and Cox fits the bill after guiding Eastwood from Evo-Stik League Division One (South) to Blue Square Bet North in his five years at the club.

The former Notts County player left Eastwood after the Badgers were barred from competing in the play-offs because their Coronation Park ground did not meet Conference criteria.

Cox, who was at Boston's play-off defeat to Guiseley on Sunday, felt he had taken the Nottinghamshire side as far as he could and eventually wants to manage at a higher level.

"I'd be stupid if I said I wasn't interested in the Boston job," Cox said.

"It's an ambitious club with a fabulous set-up. It's a sleeping giant.

"I'm ambitious too. I had a year left on my contract at Eastwood and could have stayed there and taken the money.

"But with the club not being allowed to take part in the play-offs, it was tough to take. After five years, it was hard to leave, but I felt I'd taken them as far as I could."

Eastwood finished fourth in the table and would have faced the Pilgrims in the play-offs had they been allowed to compete.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Not anymore he's not lol

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Well he was for 20 minutes!   :)

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
Paul cox might get tamworth or mansfield job according to bluesquare north website

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well he was for 20 minutes!   :)

Best 2o minutes of his life ha ha