Author Topic: Retford United to NECL?  (Read 3686 times)

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Retford United to NECL?
« on: May 10, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »
Following their relegation from the Evostik Premier Division Retford United are looking to join the Northern Counties East League rather than the Evostik Division 1 South.

It looks like they cannot afford to stay in the Evostik without the monies our groundshare brought in for them.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/retfordunited/news/urgent-press-release-307961.html

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Retford United to NECL?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
They should double your rent FT to make it viable ..     Did you get to the Jakemans on Sunday ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »
Worksop aren't playing at Retford next season - they're returning home I believe?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »
They should double your rent FT to make it viable ..     Did you get to the Jakemans on Sunday ?

To be honest I'm not sure how much Retford United actually got from the rent. I could be wrong but I believe we paid the rent to the Paul Dixon who owns Cannon Park. How much of the rent he gave to Retford United I have no idea. HOWEVER, where Retford did make money from us was from the bar takings and food & drink. Worksop earned no monies from that income stream, that all went to Retford United. Tigers fans like a pie and pint, I think Retford earned more from that source than they did from their own home games.

Unfortunately I did not get to the game on Sunday, I was stuck on a motorway collecting my daughter who had been away all weekend on some training camp in Worcestershire.  >:(

Worksop aren't playing at Retford next season - they're returning home I believe?

Yes, we should be back home at Sandy Lane next season.  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »
Good news FT .  Is the gound in a good state.?

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:00:39 PM »
Great news Ft - best of luck to you.

fcum_91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »
Shall see you next season FT  8)

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Thanks for the good wishes guys.

Regarding the ground GHM let's just say it has not been maintained to the same standard as it was before we were evicted, especially the playing surface! However, the pitch is being relaid by experts and the other ground improvements that are being carried out will be ready for us before the start of the season. I know they have already moved a couple of the small stands putting them opposite the main stand.

Cannot wait for the season to start now. Moving back to Worksop is a great way to celebrate our 150th anniversary this year!

fcum_91 there will be a pint waiting for you when you come to visit Sandy Lane, see you there!   

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »
Can't say i like them in the UniBond as they were utter thugs, but i must say we had some good battles with them and they had an edge about them