Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 8206 times)

Bob Lee

Retained list
« on: May 09, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »
My ideal retained list would be
Bazza
Canners
Murphy
Austin (if we can sign him)
Pearson (if we can keep him)
Jellyman
Sleath
Church
Dudfield
Semple
Stones
Ashton

have I missed anyone?

cambocakes

• View Profile
Re: Retained list
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 07:56:43 PM »
Yates

Bob Lee

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »
Yates
The Jury is out with me on Yeatsy

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:00:56 PM »
Yates
Davidson
Weir-Daley

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »
Newsham has had a poor year by his high standards, plagued by injury so I wonder if he should be given another punt at it.  He was class the year before.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »
I'd try and keep most of the team, keep them together and then push for promotion with a few additions. These are without Pearson and Church, as we're pretty sure they're going to leave.

Bastock (with Drury as back up)
Austin
Jellyman
Murphy
Cullingworth
Canners
Sleath
Clarke
Yates
Semple
Boyes
Nesham
Dudfield
Davidson
SWD
Stones

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
bazza
canners
murphy
sign austin
jellyman
semple
yates
sleath
clarke
newsh
Swd
dudfield
davidson

that is the best we can hope for as church and pearson will move on :(

but early thoughts on signings... david luiz lookalike from harrogate and ross hannah, matlock...

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 08:19:27 PM »
Jason Lee.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 08:25:09 PM »
I would say as many of them as we can, I know some have their boo boys (Cully being the main target).

Off your list Simon Ashton has already left the club, also find it interesting you would keep Stones but wouldn't keep Newsh, Davidson, Boyes or SWD  :o

Players who will defo leave are Church (as he said either for full time footy or a full time job darn sarf), Pearson who will go to a L2/Conference club. Boyes has already said he wants full time next season and I'd guess Clarke is the same, whether they'll get it is another matter. Can't see Austin wanting to drop down to part time either.

Not sure but think Cully and Murphy's time is up at Loughborough too so they'll most likely be gone.

Surprised nobody wants to keep Haystead, before injury he was playing very well.

Edit: Ross Hannah from Matlock had a trial at Torquay I think it was earlier in the season and is attracting interest from higher up so doubtful We'd get him.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:29:25 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 08:34:28 PM »
Yates
The Jury is out with me on Yeatsy

Got to be joking aint you, with nearlly 30 asists and a goal or 2 him self he a must have. As for newsham i think he still has a lot to offer if he can keep himself out of the injury list,

Sleath,bazza,canners,swd,jellyman i havnt listed those i would like to keep but near certain to leave due to location or going pro.

Add to that semple as he as had some good moments

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »
Ross Hanah looks likely to be going to Bradford, he lives in Sheffield and Torquay were put off by the £50,000 asking price.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bob Lee

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 09:04:29 PM »
I would say as many of them as we can, I know some have their boo boys (Cully being the main target).

Off your list Simon Ashton has already left the club, also find it interesting you would keep Stones but wouldn't keep Newsh, Davidson, Boyes or SWD  :o

Players who will defo leave are Church (as he said either for full time footy or a full time job darn sarf), Pearson who will go to a L2/Conference club. Boyes has already said he wants full time next season and I'd guess Clarke is the same, whether they'll get it is another matter. Can't see Austin wanting to drop down to part time either.

Not sure but think Cully and Murphy's time is up at Loughborough too so they'll most likely be gone.

Surprised nobody wants to keep Haystead, before injury he was playing very well.

Edit: Ross Hannah from Matlock had a trial at Torquay I think it was earlier in the season and is attracting interest from higher up so doubtful We'd get him.

I think the one's I have left out are past there sell by date, I am not a big fan of Boyes, just my opinion ;)

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
boyes hasn't looked anything special, if he wants full-time, good luck to him

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
Bob personally having seen Stones twice he's looked a bit out of his depth and not as good as the 4 mentioned. Don't think Bostonshire is far out on who we'll retain, like he says mainly due to players wanting full time or finishing at Loughborough:

Bazza
Haystead
Canners
Jelly
Sleath
Semple
Yates
SWD

As has been said Newsh will have to prove his fitness and I'd guess the jury's out on DD. If Lee and Canners get the job I'd add Dudfield and Frost to the retained list.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 09:23:21 PM »
I'd try and keep most of the team, keep them together and then push for promotion with a few additions. These are without Pearson and Church, as we're pretty sure they're going to leave.

Bastock (with Drury as back up)
Austin
Jellyman
Murphy
Cullingworth
Canners
Sleath
Clarke
Yates
Semple
Boyes
Nesham
Dudfield
Davidson
SWD
Stones

I think you're pretty spot-on with that list bar Stones imo

But then theirs the Uni/Full-time issue, Boyes wants FT and i fear that SWD and Sleath will be pinched from an higher team from us, then Cully and Murphy in the same boat as Churchy.