Author Topic: What a game  (Read 14911 times)

against the odds

• View Profile
Re: What a game
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
I'm amazed you managed to get so many shots of James Walshaw not rolling about on the ground.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 04:19:59 PM »
Ha ha that ref would have never given a pen if we had played 4 20 years

Ben Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 07:26:51 PM »
If anyones interested, the Yorkshire evening post has a fairly balanced article about the game..

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/non-league-football/boston_united_v_guiseley_afc_lions_reach_blue_square_bet_north_play_off_final_1_3361983

I got the paper version, our game got more column inches than both Bradford and Huddersfield's matches!

Thanks to Ken for finding the link, saved me figuring out how to scan and post the newspaper article.

Seenbetter

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
I think not getting promotion this season is a blessing in disguise. It will give the club another year to establish an even firmer financial foundation (FFF). A higher league would require more money to operate and a lot of clubs get into problems because they try and fight above their weight. We will get there but when the time is right. For now I will settle to be a big fish in a little pond rather than a small fish in a big pond. Be ambitious, yes, but let it be tempered with patience my friends.
Felt a bit sad though on Sunday. Can always rely on a crowd of about 1300 but what happens to the 1200 or so others who apparently only turn up for the big event.Were they there because it was a big event, or because it was a Sunday. If we could average 2000 then being a big fish in a big pond could be a reality sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:30:05 AM by Seeingbetter »

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2011, 10:07:22 AM »
Just remembered that we seem to beat you lot to stuff quite a lot..

Winning the league last season, and now winning the chance to play for a place in CONF N

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 10:17:57 AM »

Winning the league last season, and now winning the chance to play for a place in CONF N

It's taken you four days to remember that? What are you, a goldfish?

Well done on winning a penalty shoot-out and the Glue League last year. Just one question: do you think your success is sustainable?

I'm thinking of that other Leeds team that went into the Conference with a couple of hundred hardy fans and wondering are you just the next version of them?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 10:46:47 AM »

Over the course of the season (40 GAMES ) we were the better side league tables don't lie. If you want to gloat go and do it on your own site.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
Awwwwwwww come on guys, Yeads has been on here before and has been a model of restraint and has been balanced and sensible when putting points across. 

We can take a bit of banter can't we?

The facts are-

1)  Last year they won the league, and so were the better team. As Tash says, the league table doesn't lie.

2)  Last year Boston did "the double" over them, a bit like we did to Alfreton this season. But they obviously handled other teams better than we did, as they finished top.

3) This season we were the better team in the regular season, as we finished higher.

4) In the play-offs, there was nothing between the teams, save they are better at penalties than us.

I say good luck to you and yours Yeads, hope you win the final. If not we'll see you next year.  As far as I am concerned you are welcome on here anytime.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 01:11:02 PM »
Seeingbetter - I agree that this might have been one step too far too soon financially for us, so the disappointment of Sunday is tempered by the thought that we won't be overstretching ourselves.

Would be nice to think we could get the stadium issue resolved before going up - has anyone heard anything on this lately?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 01:13:45 PM »
Don't mind a bit of banter infact it can be quite enjoyable. But UNPROVOKED gloating I do not like.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bartmac

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
Won't gloat when they get stuffed in the final :D

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 03:35:34 PM »
Won't gloat when they get stuffed in the final :D

COME ON AFC TELFORD!   :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »
Telford out of this league gives us a better chance of winning the league next year.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/