Author Topic: What a game  (Read 14946 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
What a game
« on: May 08, 2011, 06:33:31 PM »
Thanks to all the players,managers for a fantastic season,we will just have to win the league next year.
Still cannot believe that game today the passion and fighting spirit was great to see,but the refs are not up to the job
the number of penalty shouts both on Tuesday and Today are unbelieveable that we did not get at least one

Fairfax

• View Profile
Re: What a game
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:53:06 PM »
Following Craig on live text - the words that have haunted us all week "Peyton to take."

So very close, it's heart-rending.

Time to dust ourselves off. There's a new season round the corner.

If you can meet with....

les

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »
Great game, gutted we lost on penalties, but thought before the end that the ref actually had a pretty good game.
You can always argue about penalties which could, should, might have been given, but they had a couple of shouts too.
For the second season running there has been nothing between these two teams, but unfortunately this time we lost out.

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:03 PM »
what a game, but im absouletly gutted! just such a shame we cant take penos!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
Well done to all at the club! Atleast we only lost a game not our league status!!!!!!

optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
Great performance from the lads kept fighting all game really gutted

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »
Once again the lads showed their fighting spirit,as they have done all season and last.They never know when they are beaten.I have a feeling we will be looking at a nearly new team next season.To those that leave us,thanks for all your hard work,it's been a pleasure watching you over the last two seasons.

Gutted for the lads.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 07:29:15 PM »
Very good game missed chances both sides , Still think refs are told to give us nothing, how not one of
the three clear penalties was not given is behond me , and why does a team as good as guiseley have to fall
over every time we got near them ??
That said what a season enjoyed it till the end, if back in august we had the chance to be in the top ten we would of taken it so well done to all the players staff and our chairman for a cracking season .
Lets hope Telford win next week as a team that can only bring just over 100 supporters to a semi final dont deserve to go up  ;D
Bring on next season  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »
Two good teams going for it, unfortunately it wasn't our day.

Disappointing to see so many fans leave without giving the lads recognition for a cracking season.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 07:39:28 PM »
Personally I think that we edged it over the two matches but well done to Guiseley. Not impressed with their gamesmanship though; falling all over the place and then a couple of attempted punches (only hitting thin air) after the Dudfield "penalty" incident. Church was outstanding today and will surely go on to bigger things. The whole team gave 110% and it will be a shame if the side breaks up in the summer. For me personally despite seeing Boston play at a higher level this team is my favourite set of players for their honesty, determination and the way they play the game.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
Would have to agree with Boo the lads deserved a cracking send off for all their hard work and never say die attitude. To walk out without acknowledging their effort today was disrespectful. For those who leave thank you, for those who stay onwards and upwards. This has been a great season you deserve all the plaudits you get.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 08:25:06 PM »
To be fair all those around me stood up and applauded the team but they were all in a huddle having a chat.It was quite a while and it came to a point where even i slowed down and edged to the way out....they did turn to townend and applaued the team did but i dont think they were too keen to go the stand end where Guiseley where celebrating.Any how its been a long emotional day and babysitters,wives,boyfriends,tea being ready etc where appearing in front peoples minds.The crowd were fantastic and if Boston had done a lap of honour it would have been well received....just a devasting end to the game and i think we were all shocked and bewildered that how well we played...we got zilch!!!

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 08:28:46 PM »
Obviously we're all absolutely gutted to bow out on penalties but I'm so very proud in the manner in which we lost. The players gave their all and did themselves proud and went down fighting. It'll be day I remember for many years to come. It was an excellent advert for non league football and the standard of football was brilliant I thought. The game and the atmosphere was incredible. Credit to both teams for really going for it and not showing too many nerves. It's a cruel way to end our promotion chase and I really thought we deserved a place in the final. But it's not to be and we pick ourselves up and reflect on amazing season we've had and remember how blessed we are to have seen so many fantastic games. I'm sure it was beyond most peoples expectations to reach the play offs in our first season back, it's a truely remarkable achievement for the players and club.

Thanks to all the players, the managers, the chairman and board members, I only wished you could of been rightly rewarded with another promotion. I can't describe how immensly proud I am today to be a pilgrim. Here's to another great season.

We're the pride of Lincolnshire !

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 09:11:55 PM »
Yeah a great game and a terrific advert for this level of football. Absolutely nothing in it over the 2 games or extra time, Guiseley just a bit better at pens than us. Echo the sentiments on here a big thank-you to all the players who gave their all and couldn't have done any more, once DD got the third equaliser camped in their half and another 5 minutes and We'd have beaten them.

Won't say anything about the ref(s) as it sounds like sour grapes but shall we say some very questionable decision nearly all going Guiseley's way.

Seems really weird that we have won on the day, level on aggregate and are still out. Seems surreal that we are out and don't think it's sunk in yet. Really gutted but as Craig said on the radio We're probably not quite ready for the jump yet but that doesn't make it any easier to take.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
Agreed Patrick so many highlights:
Winning NINE NIL
The result and performance against Alfreton
TEN clean sheets in a row
BAZZA returning
CHURCH'S free kick against Vauxhall

Many, many more as well as those listed above well done BUFC