Author Topic: Guiseley travelling overnight  (Read 4779 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Guiseley travelling overnight
« on: May 06, 2011, 10:03:01 PM »

See article ...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/9013584.Huge_incentive_for_Guiseley_in_return_leg/?ref=rss

Guiseley are travelling down tomorrow to get the best preparation for the game. They will have top scorer James Walshaw and midfielder Danny Boshell back after both missed the first leg through illness.

“We decided to go down on Saturday and stop overnight, more for mental preparation than anything else really,” said Kittrick.

“The hotel has a gym, so there will be some fitness work and loosening up, and it also has a snooker room, so there will be some relaxation and bonding before and after the team meal.

... So our players have to travel up to Guiseley on a Tuesday night, in some cases having done a day's work beforehand. Guiseley on the other hand get a more leisurely overnight stop in a hotel. Where exactly is our advantage in finishing in the higher league position?

And who exactly pays the hotel bill? For cup ties, part of away team expenses have to be met by the home side. Would this apply for the play-offs?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley travelling overnight
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:26:32 PM »
No, out of their own pocket like league games I would expect.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »
Any chance of letting the fire alarms off at the hotel a couple of times in the early hours of saturday nite/sunday morning then ;D ;D

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
An overnight stay may sound good but boredom,different sleeping conditions and time to reflect on the forthcoming fixture could and will work in our favour.Our only downfall will be if a large crowd fail to get behind the team and instead get on their backs.So its up to the fans to get the team through with a cresendo of noise and positive chanting all game long.COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
An overnight stay may sound good but boredom,different sleeping conditions and time to reflect on the forthcoming fixture could and will work in our favour.Our only downfall will be if a large crowd fail to get behind the team and instead get on their backs.So its up to the fans to get the team through with a cresendo of noise and positive chanting all game long.COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Funny I was thinking how many times in our league days did we see the team go away the night before to have a stinker in performance the next day.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »
If we ever stay overnight, we always suck the next day.... I give you the stuffing we got at Kendal as a recent example.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 10:43:59 PM »
Any chance of letting the fire alarms off at the hotel a couple of times in the early hours of saturday nite/sunday morning then ;D ;D

If its the hotel we've just got back from they'll have food poisoning by the morning  :dan

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
There cant be too many hotels in the Boston area with a gym big enough for 15+ people and a snooker table.

TattershallPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »
This is Boston we are talking about, when have we ever had a home game where you don't get some morons getting on our players backs?