Author Topic: Directors comments last night?  (Read 16371 times)

dazzybabie

Re: Disgraceful Director?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »
Hmmm,

how dare i question a God?

It seems that a few people on here have brown stains round their ankles (work it out for yourselves)

To Mr Cook. I along with everyone else admire you to the highest order for everything that you do for the club, on the pitch and off, 25 hours a day, 8 days a week.

I just think that it is a bit odd to settle for a loss and put all your hopes in one basket, i do however bow to your greater knowledge, but i (in my opinion) disagree with what you said, which was the point in the first place.

You still haven't grasped the meaning behind Cookies statement despite it being spelled out to you.. Did you want United to go hell for leather for an equaliser when we were under the cosh and could easily have let more goals in?? Did you want us to play on Sunday chasing a 3 or 4 goal deficit ?? No?? Well had we gone out as you wished then that may have happened,Chris was right in saying keep it tight and hold the one nil and see out the danger,then if the chance came to press Guiseley and grab an equaliser take it but for a spell last night it was damage limitation as Guiseley went for the jugular.. Now,do you understand ??

I understand exactly what was being said.

Did you want United to go hell for leather for an equaliser when we were under the cosh and could easily have let more goals in? Yes. Because we could have also not let goals in but got goals.
This is what im so flabbergasted about. we let a goal in and it was assumed that we woulnt get any more in. I was around people when telford came and were 2 up at half time and folks were saying that we were doomed and gonna lose and we came back to win 3 - 2

I understand what was being said. I just dont agree with it which is what i said.

its not me thats the simple one

Beck Row

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
Telford?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
Dazzy, if you'd have been at the game you'd have understood what Chris's comment meant. First half we where much the better side but critically didn't score whilst on top. Second half we looked tired and as the game wore on we got deeper and deeper and couldn't keep hold of the ball. The goal had been coming and the team didn't look like it had the energy to press Guiseley back for the equaliser.

It was a case of damage limitation (as has been pointed out already) and keeping it tight, whilst still trying to press for an equaliser. Guiseley where picking holes in our defence as it was had we gone all out there is no doubt they'd have hit us on the break and got a second (and possibly third or more).

Of course Chris (along with myself and every other Boston fan) are disappointed to lose the game but there is a second chance Sunday when the lads are less tired, with home advantage a 1-0 isn't irreversible, although I'd put Guiseley as favourites now. A lot could depend on who's fit, hopefully Dudfield will be (who's exceeded my expectations after so long out the game), he was the biggest miss for me last night.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 12:39:27 PM »
Telford!!!!!...it was Alfreton....pmsl....sums it up end of chat!!!!

dazzybabie

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »
Telford!!!!!...it was Alfreton....pmsl....sums it up end of chat!!!!

Telford, Alfreton, whatever.... The point remains the same

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 12:48:33 PM »
Oh Dear!!!  Some people eh?  ::)

Chris, please carry on with your commentary, most of us enjoy it. It is nice to hear a director involved in such a way, I can't imagine that many club directors would get involved in commentary, and so well done for that.

Just remember even BUFC royalty such as yourself can't please all of the people all of the time.

Hope you carry on.

dazzybabie

Re: Directors comments last night?
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 12:55:16 PM »
Disgraceful Director may not have been the best choice of words. It seems to have stirred up your emotions.

I have modifed the title, not that i think it will appease you all in anyway.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
PENNY DROPPED....

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2011, 01:10:32 PM »
I was at the match last night and would have prefered that we converted one of our chances in the first half,been given a penalty in the second,but the fact remains that Guiseley pressed,harried and closed us down more after this appeal was turned down,and we never really had a chance to hit them on the break,as they controlled the ball better than us towards the end of the game. I came away disappointed that we lost,
but pleased that we have a chance to re-group and maybe get the likes of Pearson,Dudfield and a fit Weir Daley tearing into them at Boston.So under the conditions we were faced with,damage limitations was our best option and Chris Cooks comments justified.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
Get the history books out and read about the Generals that have sounded the retreat to reform and lead their troops to a great TACTICAL victory.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
I have to admit that I listened to the bbc commentary and Cookie was definitely referring to damage limitation. It sounded as though we were under the cosh a bit and  just had to guard against them getting a second goal. Surely no one could think he didn't care about us winning. He is obviously not a commentator and I have to admit that if my computer was working I would have switched them off and gone with Craigs efforts. I have to admit though that I wish he wouldn't keep saying "I have to admit".
Its almost as annoying as people saying "basically".
Believe it or not I am actually defending him. I'm sure he has a sense of humour, well I hope he has, he's almost bigger than me.  ;)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2011, 01:28:55 PM »
Good job I got up late .!.
   Handbags away .
   We aint  Man U . . so don't lets lose any paying supporter through witchhunts on here .

dazzybabie

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
OK.

Your all right.

Im wrong, you are so perfect and correct in everything you say.

I wish  had never posted anything in the first place

I wish i had never heard of boston united

i wish i had never been born

i wish that the world were a perfect place

i wish that a poverty ended

i wish bob geldof got a hair cut

i wish that my account is......

Bored now

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
All this fuss about something that Cookie was 100% right on

and being told that hes a 'disgrace' for being honest.

charming coming from  a person who didn't go to the game

i know not all can go away games for various reasons, but don't make a big deal of it if you don't know how the game actually panned out

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 01:35:50 PM »
OK.

Your all right.

Im wrong, you are so perfect and correct in everything you say.

I wish  had never posted anything in the first place

I wish i had never heard of boston united

i wish i had never been born

i wish that the world were a perfect place

i wish that a poverty ended

i wish bob geldof got a hair cut

i wish that my account is......

Bored now

to be honest you didn't go about your "argument" in the right way by naming a club legend a disgrace for having the same view as most supporters at the game last night. we lost all hold on the game and it felt like damage limitation.