Author Topic: Directors comments last night?  (Read 16377 times)

Pride of Lincolnshire

Re: Disgraceful Director?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 10:31:27 AM »
Cookie, that didn't deserve your time and effort in replying in all honesty. The vast majority of us know you're focused on the club moving forwards and want to progress on and off the pitch at every opportunity. In my opinion you should focus on continuing your brilliant work at the club and not waste any more time replying to rediculous accusations from people who show so much disrespect to your good self. You didn't recieve that award for nothing Cookie, you're a top bloke and a true asset to the club.

The tactics of insuring we didn't concede further goals were spot on. If Man Utd were playing away at Barca for example, and they were 1-0 down towards the end of the match, do you think Fergie would tell them to go all out for the win and jeopordise a possible home comeback.  ::)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Maybe Dazzy didn't realise that it was a two legged game which would back up her/his statement that he/she knows little about the great game of football. Maybe he/she should replace the vowel in her/his username for one a little more apt.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Bartmac

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 11:13:55 AM »
Maybe Dazzy didn't realise that it was a two legged game which would back up her/his statement that he/she knows little about the great game of football. Maybe he/she should replace the vowel in her/his username for one a little more apt.

He doesn't know about football, so I would doubt he knows what a "vowel" is ;)

dazzybabie

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »
To all the sheep....

No i dont know a thing about football much like the majority of people in the world that follow football. i am an uncertified unqualified armchair observer.

I am not in any way at all knocking the hard work or effort that Mr Cook puts in to the club, now, in the past or in the future. If it were not for the hard volentery and free work of the chairman, the board and the directors the club would not even be in a position to challenge for the play offs.

I took head of the comments Mr Cook made last night about The Chairman running a tight ship to make sure that everyone remains focused on pushing the club forward

I am not suggesting that Mr Cook is incapable of commentating on a match, i would not be able to do it and Mr Cooks vast experience in the game is invaluable when it comes to comentry, giving valuable insights into the tactics of the game, nor do intend to rubbish any of the hard work he has done.

It is a game of two halves, played over two legs, and that the team now has a chance to regroup and plan out how they are going to battle a team that will in effect be playing a 1 - 10 formation. I am however ASTOUNDED! that in such an important game it could be suggested that we should sit back and take a loss and cross our fingers that we can turn it over at home.

So to all of you who assume that i am a prat (Gus) baby (O CHO MEALLT ) prat (dave h) dizzy (pride of lincolnshire). I am none of these things, all of you are entitled to post your comments on tactics and players so i am doing the same. I think it was a dumbass thing to say. End off.

I will be there on sunday, along with the rest of you cheering the boys on. I just hope dearly that Mr Cooks, off the cuff, spur of the moment, based on being in the game for years haveing been there and done the job and knowing what he is talking about because he is a hard working devoted servent of the club dont bite him on his arse.

Dazzy

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
Chris does a great job on commentary.He is not a professional media man but his interaction with Scott sums our club up....friendly,warm hearted and ALWAYS RESPECTFUL to the opposition.On occasion you get assholes on here who dont  know their ass from their elbow like those who appear on UNITED LIVE!!...We love you Chris and keep up the BLOODY good work you do, as do the rest of the board do too!!!!!GREAT AMBASSASDOR FOR OUR GREAT CLUB!!!!

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
....and on the subject matter itself a 1-0 reverse at an away 1st leg game is not a disaster.BOSTON at home in front of a big crowd on Sun will encourage an attacking option from the start.If BOSTON were only 1 up from the first leg after playing at home,what reaction on that.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 11:34:03 AM »
stop digging now dazzy or that hole your in will be too deep for you to get out of to be able to get to the game on sunday ::)
"till saturday comes"

The Purple Shirt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »
It wasn’t only Chris thinking this, as soon as they got in front they went for the kill and some of us in the stands just wanted the whistle to blow and were at that point happy to take 1-0. Why? Because we were struggling to keep the ball, couldn’t get it cleared, and was defending like our lives depended on it - we could all see there was a bloody good chance it could go to 2 or 3 nil and the tie would have been over

On reflection whilst disappointing and not what we would have wanted 1-0 is a decent result given the pressure we were under in the second half, and is reversible with a good home performance, 2-0 would have finished the tie as we seem to struggle against the 10 men behind the ball approach. At 1-0 Guiseley cant afford to sit back, they need another before they shut up shop completely which makes the 1st half on sunday crucial to our progress.

Cookie's commentary is always honest and if honesty makes him a disgrace, i dread to think what you make of some our previous employees!

Bob Lee

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »
I would have taken a 1-0 defeat first leg, perhaps even more than a 1-0 win.  At least now we have an attack mentality on Sunday and will make a cracking game. 2-0 Sunday will do me.  Mind you I do wonder where the goals will come from ???

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
I only called you a prat because I didn't want to swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for you, can't spell, use of English language  is crap!!!!!!!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY..............................WHERE IS THE APOLOGY????????????????

dazzybabie

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 12:01:04 PM »
Hmmm,

how dare i question a God?

It seems that a few people on here have brown stains round their ankles (work it out for yourselves)

To Mr Cook. I along with everyone else admire you to the highest order for everything that you do for the club, on the pitch and off, 25 hours a day, 8 days a week.

I just think that it is a bit odd to settle for a loss and put all your hopes in one basket, i do however bow to your greater knowledge, but i (in my opinion) disagree with what you said, which was the point in the first place.

dazzybabie

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 12:03:03 PM »
I only called you a prat because I didn't want to swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for you, can't spell, use of English language  is crap!!!!!!!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY..............................WHERE IS THE APOLOGY????????????????

Well Gus not only have i annoyed you on a football level but on a spelling level as well. My opinon does not count as i cant spell?!?!?!

you dear sir a a hytr.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 12:09:53 PM »
I think it's quite clear that Dazzy is not dealing from a full deck. Go easy on him, folks.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 12:15:14 PM »
Hmmm,

how dare i question a God?

It seems that a few people on here have brown stains round their ankles (work it out for yourselves)

To Mr Cook. I along with everyone else admire you to the highest order for everything that you do for the club, on the pitch and off, 25 hours a day, 8 days a week.

I just think that it is a bit odd to settle for a loss and put all your hopes in one basket, i do however bow to your greater knowledge, but i (in my opinion) disagree with what you said, which was the point in the first place.

You still haven't grasped the meaning behind Cookies statement despite it being spelled out to you.. Did you want United to go hell for leather for an equaliser when we were under the cosh and could easily have let more goals in?? Did you want us to play on Sunday chasing a 3 or 4 goal deficit ?? No?? Well had we gone out as you wished then that may have happened,Chris was right in saying keep it tight and hold the one nil and see out the danger,then if the chance came to press Guiseley and grab an equaliser take it but for a spell last night it was damage limitation as Guiseley went for the jugular.. Now,do you understand ??

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
Cookie you were excellent on commentary last night - most fans value what you have to say and the incredible work you do along with David and Neil.

You made a very sensible point after the goal went in - to go gung-ho in immediate search of an equaliser when the tie was only at half-time would of risked conceding again.

I'm at the match on Sunday otherwise I would happily listen to you on the radio again!