Author Topic: last night's Match  (Read 6947 times)

Bob Lee

last night's Match
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:15:27 AM »
Thought we controlled the first half and was unlucky not to go in ahead.
Second half, they came out and looked the better side.
I thought we should have had two penalties.
I think Boyes is not up to it.
The goal was a cracker, but was coming for some time.
And the little sh*t  (schoolboy) should be banned for life for starting the trouble after the match. >:(

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: last night's Match
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:33:29 AM »
A fair summing up Bob. ;)

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:37:34 AM »
What happened? I went out through the clubhouse as didn't fancy getting congested in that corner by the dressing rooms....

One of their fans posted this on the Non-League Forum:
There was a bit of argy bargy at the end of our game. Boston YOOFS starting on our Bouncerstewards and a few of our fans.

Nothing major. All the trouble causers were about 15/16. Forgivable. Many thanks to 99% of the Boston fans who were great.

About right?

Bob Lee

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
Home fans where celebrating and clapping their team, they were in the stand that the Boston fans congregated in the first half.

I was one of the first to reach this stand on my way out.  I stood shaking the hand of one of their supporters and telling him can we bring our own Ref next time.  All good banter until a little sh*t decided to kick off.

These were normal supporters Old men and families.

If they wanted a rumble at a football match, I am sure some Leeds fans up the road would have been more than happy to help out.

The support from the Boston fans was not stop throughout the match,  but one knobhead who would have run if confronted gave us all a bad name. >:(

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 12:22:11 PM »
Didn't see what started the handbags last night as I was behind the main group. When I got there I was on the Guiseley side of the stewards/bouncers and 4 or 5 of them where getting really stressed out about the "Guiseley's a shithole I wanna go home chant". They where old enough to know better than to let a bit of banter wind them up. It's a bit of a shame as most of their fans are a good bunch same as ours. For me though it was the normal posturing.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Just a few kids being idiots - the bouncers/stewards had it under control in a matter of seconds, although they did seem to be a bit stressed all night - as we were queueing to get in, the main steward was giving one of the others a b****cking for turning up late.

Maybe a bit edge as they don't usually get a crowd?

The access between different parts of the ground was shocking - no way that ground could be evacuated quickly.  How it passes while Eastwood's doesn't is beyond me.  It suggests that there are fundamental flaws with the ground grading system if by putting a tent over a few seats Guiseley can meet the standard whilst Eastwood's ground fails.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
i was sort of caught in the middle of what was just chanting really, maybe if the idiots had opened the gate in the corner so we could have got through straight away it would have solved everything. there just not used to fans and you could certainly tell. anyway, i thought we played well first half, yatesy unlucky not to score, should have had a pen and thats probably the best goal we've seen this season (apart from our three in the first half against blyth) so not too bad. it will be a big ask on sunday but we know all the lads will go out and make proud. whatever the outcome it has been a fantastic season far beyond what i had imagined. UTP

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »
i was sort of caught in the middle of what was just chanting really, maybe if the idiots had opened the gate in the corner so we could have got through straight away it would have solved everything. there just not used to fans and you could certainly tell. anyway, i thought we played well first half, yatesy unlucky not to score, should have had a pen and thats probably the best goal we've seen this season (apart from our three in the first half against blyth) so not too bad. it will be a big ask on sunday but we know all the lads will go out and make proud. whatever the outcome it has been a fantastic season far beyond what i had imagined. UTP

Agreed

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »
good game last. thought we did well first half but guiseley never really tried to pressure us to much, just conserved thier energy and held us out. but with better finishing from us that may have been different. pysically we were not at their level but on the pace and skill were better. second half is what i was expecting from them. as the home side in the 1st leg of a 2legged tie they had to have a go at getting the advantage for the away leg. they certainly did that. what was concerning for me was that half way through the second half swd and yates were both struggling to keep up with the game and had pulled up with cramp. understandable, after the first half work that they had put in but why was swd not subbed earlier. we where playing with 9.5 men for a large period of the second half. my take on this maybe is that lee was keeping the likes of stone hidden for the home leg.
semple was supperb the whole match, great out wide and always finding space but needed more support.
as for the second leg, its going to be very tuff even more so if they get thier top scorers back.
 one thing for sure is that boston needs to come out and be a 12th man. not just the usual 1500. get your friends and family there and get behind the lads. come on boston.

boselecta

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 08:11:48 PM »
Fantastic game ,your support was a credit to your club never stopped singing all game.Only gripe was some abuse to towards our team at half time ,and one of our players when injured .I'llput it down to youthful spirit, and quickly move on.
Really worried when Wally was not in the starting eleven,we are really down to the bare bones.Still Stampy did us proud and led the line well.Won every header, causing your centre halfs problems all night in the air.Agreed you were far the better team first half and wasted 2 or 3 good chances.Second half we were a totaly different team we started to close you down ,harred and you for what ever reason your midfield was all at sea?We know theres still lots of football to be played by both sides and know we will after be at our best to get anything at your place.While most teams would try defend a slight lead, we will  still play 3 up front dont think its done us any harm all year so why change a thing?
Hopefully Wally should be back ,so we might even get a penalty....... ;)

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 08:40:02 PM »
We're gonna absolutely do 'em on sunday! C'moooooonnnnnn Bostoooooonnnnnnn   :D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
No coincidence that Church took a whack late in the first half and looked like he wasn't going to be able to continue, then Guiseley bossed the second half.

Only gripe was some abuse to towards our team at half time

We've long memories here at Boston. What chances are there of Tom Daley being fit for the return?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »
Fantastic game ,your support was a credit to your club never stopped singing all game.Only gripe was some abuse to towards our team at half time ,and one of our players when injured .I'llput it down to youthful spirit, and quickly move on.
Really worried when Wally was not in the starting eleven,we are really down to the bare bones.Still Stampy did us proud and led the line well.Won every header, causing your centre halfs problems all night in the air.Agreed you were far the better team first half and wasted 2 or 3 good chances.Second half we were a totaly different team we started to close you down ,harred and you for what ever reason your midfield was all at sea?We know theres still lots of football to be played by both sides and know we will after be at our best to get anything at your place.While most teams would try defend a slight lead, we will  still play 3 up front dont think its done us any harm all year so why change a thing?
Hopefully Wally should be back ,so we might even get a penalty....... ;)

All teams get abused its part and parcel of the game, credit to the guiselyey players for blanking it out,
Should be a slightly different game on sunday with duds and pearson back in the team. " players that i felt the boston team missed big time, Pearson is IMO the best defender i have seen in the league and  duddys inplay is well above this level still

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 01:24:16 PM »
boselecta, Baldry got abuse when he was injured because he was asking the ref to book Sleath.  I was close to it and thought the injury came from Baldry connecting with Sleath's boot on his follow through as he cleared - was probably a foul as the boot was raised, but it wasn't a malicious challenge.  All the time Baldry was on the ground he was on at the ref, trying to persuade him it should have been a booking - not nice to see. 

It didn't help when he got up after treatment and ran to the touchline!  Fans of all teams are the same in that respect - if an opponent has had treatment, unless he gets stretchered off he must have been faking it  ;)

Baldry has history with Boston fans after playing for BPA last year.  He will remember being 1-0 up at half time in the play offs last year and losing - hopefully the final result will be the same this year.

Whichever team wins, it will be very close and very hard fought - we need everyone behind the team for 90 (or 120) minutes on Sunday.  Win or lose, I hope everyone shows their appreciation for the efforts of all the players and staff for another fantastic season. 

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 03:00:27 PM »
Like to add to this we have had a Boston fan come on our forum and post on a topic we have about running a coach to York Street on Sunday.

The post says:

"Bye bye windows"

Im taking this with a pinch of salt, and assuming it's a windup.

Still a bit far!