Author Topic: Last nights game  (Read 3355 times)

Seenbetter

Last nights game
« on: May 04, 2011, 08:16:49 AM »
Boston were evenly matched up to half time the Guiseley changed their formation and caused us all sorts of problems for all the second half, although the bbc commentary was terrible (60 minutes of waffle and 30 minutes of football ) so perhaps we didn't get the full picture. Normally tune into Craig but computer was playing silly buggers. It appeared we changed nothing during the second half, lack of ideas or what. Still, only 1 goal in it but our home performances are so unpredictable I would prefer an away game. Roll on Sunday. Should be a great day and hopefully we can sparkle and win the game but their main goal scorer should be fit on Sunday so we need SP to be fit as well.
As for the commentary, I'm sure Cookie is a nice chap but please give up the radio. He would be a policemans dream come true because he 'admits' to everything.
Just read BL entry. Boyes didn't sound up to it. Found myself thinking in the last 20 minutes that perhaps Stones should have been given a go, surely he's fit enough for that long.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:21:01 AM by Seeingbetter »

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: Last nights game
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
So let's get this straight: you're telling us what happened, even though you weren't there?  ::)

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:30:04 AM »
I can only go by the wonderful BBC commentary. I presume you did go so please give us a real report of events. Did we change anything in the second half to combat the mauling Guiseley were apparently giving us. It's a serious question because the radio made it sound that they just kept coming at us and we didn't change our formation to do anything about it. Dalton n Cookie said they went to 3 up front which allowed their defenders to get further up the pitch into good supporting positions for their forwards. If u did go please answer my question because D n C didn't make it very clear and I would like to know.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:36:03 AM »
OK, first half I thought we bossed the game although Bazza tipped one onto the bar. Second half was the other way around, although we should have had a penalty.

Unfortunately the first ref - who was OK - got injured and was replaced by what appeared to be a Guisely fan, given the decisions he made. Big Kev Austin also had to go off, which didn't help.

I don't know what changes they made to their team but we appeared to run out of steam and ideas in the 2nd half. When the tide turned against us late on, Big Jase brought himself on, although I don't know what options he had to be fair.

All-in-all it is game still very much on for the second leg. Get York Street rocking and I can see us going through as long as the players aren't knackered.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:44:50 AM »
Sounds about right LPRA. Penalty wasn't debatable and wasn't given due to the ref and linesmen (who looked knackered) weren't fit enough to keep up with play. Canners played out of his skin and we struggled in the second half because Church and Sleath were outnumbered in midfield. Their number 4 looked different class and controlled the game for them second half. As for the trouble at the end, just a couple of local youths stirring it up a bit. Hopefully Sunday will provide a positive result!

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 01:08:19 PM »
Thanks LPRA. David Newton did say after the game that some of the players looked a bit tired. Hopefully on Sunday they will be refreshed and get the result we all want.

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
First half we completely dominated, and the first 10 minutes of the second half, then guisely had a spell of pressure, a succession of corners which led to the free kick they scored from, however two of the corners were never corners. Then the stone wall peno! Shocking ref!

YeadonLion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
First half we completely dominated, and the first 10 minutes of the second half, then guisely had a spell of pressure, a succession of corners which led to the free kick they scored from, however two of the corners were never corners. Then the stone wall peno! Shocking ref!

The free kick was way after any corners.

Little Joey Spivack was in full steam mode and then cropped from behind.