Author Topic: v Vauxhall Motors  (Read 2524 times)

porl99

• View Profile
v Vauxhall Motors
« on: April 30, 2011, 01:08:27 PM »
Looks like Pearson will be playing today.  Not sure if I would risk him to be honest, save him for the play-offs!

Anyway, commentary as usual:  www.endeavourradio.co.uk if you can't make it.  There should be some interviews the management team too just prior to kick-off.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Vauxhall Motors
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »
Cully had a decent game.
Yatesy ditto.
Mickey Stone was like Mikel, but with better control and direction with his flick-ons.
Dudfield was a class act.
Jelleyman ditto.
Pearson was solid at the back, and his dodgy back held up  ;)
Clarkey had one miss-placed pass, and one shot heading for the top of the Stump, apart from that he played well.
Baza was superb as usual  ;D

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »
For an end of season game with nothing really to play for I thought it wasn't a bad game. Both teams tried to play more football than alot of the hoofball I've seen in the EvoStik this season.

For someone making his debut in the Conf North Stone did very well, he certainly appears to know how to finish. He took his goal well, along with the two that were disallowed. However, the player that took my eye was Dudfield. I thought his link up play, his lay-offs, flick ons, etc. were excellent. On that performance he looked a very intelligent player, who helped Stone a lot. I definitely thought Stone was much less effective once Dudfield had been subbed.

Good luck against Guiseley, I was hoping I could make the second leg, however, I have to fetch my daughter back from a camp in Worcestershire next Sunday afternoon. Personally, I would prefer to leave her there, permanently! but Mrs Finchley insists I have to fetch her  :(

PS In the clubhouse before the game I saw someone in a St Albans cap, come to watch Bazza??   

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:40 PM »
For an end of season game with nothing really to play for I thought it wasn't a bad game. Both teams tried to play more football than alot of the hoofball I've seen in the EvoStik this season.

For someone making his debut in the Conf North Stone did very well, he certainly appears to know how to finish. He took his goal well, along with the two that were disallowed. However, the player that took my eye was Dudfield. I thought his link up play, his lay-offs, flick ons, etc. were excellent. On that performance he looked a very intelligent player, who helped Stone a lot. I definitely thought Stone was much less effective once Dudfield had been subbed.

Good luck against Guiseley, I was hoping I could make the second leg, however, I have to fetch my daughter back from a camp in Worcestershire next Sunday afternoon. Personally, I would prefer to leave her there, permanently! but Mrs Finchley insists I have to fetch her  :(

PS In the clubhouse before the game I saw someone in a St Albans cap, come to watch Bazza??   

Pleased you enjoed the game. There was 2 from st albans. they have come forthe last 2 games

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:08:13 AM »
Spoke to Bazza afterwards, he was disappointed not to get Player of the Season ;D He said he had won it one year at St Albans after only playing 10 games..
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/