Author Topic: pearson to derby  (Read 7506 times)

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
pearson to derby
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »
quote from twitter............   
                                                                                                                                NOOOOO! say it ain't so RT @shaunpearson5 better walk in my door tomo before 9am, getting the most out of him until he moves 2 derby fc

Old yellow

• View Profile
Re: pearson to derby
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »
Good Luck to Shaun if he does go to Derby,will he be first choice and will he get frustrated with lack of first team chances, maybe we can have him back on loan if that happens.Lets hope he goes all the way to the top

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:10:05 AM »
Fair enough to him if he moves to derby,
Derby took that pringle lad from ilkeston i think when they where in the unibond and ive seen him play for derby a fair few times

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »
Derby also took Burton from non league and he did ok in the Premier league ...

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
Just twitter banter. if anything happens the club will let us know first with a o/statement

pilgrim in exile

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:35 PM »
i heard from a reliable source , not twitter , that a number of league clubs will go for sp in the summer Derby and Leicester being the most prominent , whereever he goes good luck to him , but he will BE leaving in the summer FACT , and we had better get used to it as one player does not make a team.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
What's he worth?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 02:16:08 PM »
For me and I don't think this will go down well with some but I don't think he is good enough for the Championship. I've seen 2 or 3 players equally as good at defending even at this level. To play at that level you don't just need to know how to defend, distribution and pace are also needed.

Shaun, as good as he is is, way too slow. Whenever we've played anyone with a pacey forward this has been show up, for example away at Stalybridge Phil Marsh time and again got behind our defence just by using pace. The likes of Bellamy would have a field day I'm afraid. Distribution is also questionable, most times Shaun tend to get rid first, nothing wrong with that but more will be expected IF he went to Derby.

Myself I think he's a decent solid defender who could make a living at Conf Nat/League 2 but not any higher due to reasons highlighted above.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »
I watched Derby @ Forest earlier in the year, he'd fit in fine on that showing.  They were awful that night and there is no way Mr Pearson would have let them have the freedom of the Trent like the current crop of Derby centre backs did.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »
As long as he doesn't go to Crawley, Grimsby or Sheffield W*dnesday I'll wish him all the luck in the world.

I'm of a similar opinion to WP, I think he's not ready for such a big jump yet. He's a sensible lad though, he's matured in 2 seasons here, another couple of seasons at a good L2 club would stand him well for the future if he proves himself.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
I believe Shaun Pearson is certainly capable of establishing himself at championship level within the next 12 months.Ideally it would be a club like Derby(i've also heard Leicester and Sheffield United are looking) with a loan back to us.If he were to get such a move i would wish him all the luck in the world.Just as long as it's not Grimsby.

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
It's an interesting topic. Fulham picked up 18 year old Dan Burn from Darlo last week - he's only played a handful of games in the BSP and cost between £250-£300k, plus add ons.

Would have liked to see him play to see how Shaun matches up.

Fulham obviously did a similar job with Chris Smalling - plucked from non league obscurity and sold on for £8m..that would be a nice sell-on bonus for the club!

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 05:17:29 PM »
I'm with woad here. Shaun is a top player at BSN level but I would be very surprised if hes a regular in the Championship next season. Dan Burn is only 18 but someone of Shauns age should be looking to move somewhere where he will be a regular in the first team.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:28 PM »
Reading the post on twitter it reads to me that the tweet was sent to SP but was referring to someone else,had it been to Shaun surely it would have said YOU better walk in my door rather than HE better walk in my door,I could be wrong...

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
For what its worth, as i said i think its just banter. I do think he will move on but to Grimsby reasons being- full time,  working everyday with managers he knows who were both defenders at lower league, but most importantly playing every week which at his age is important and to use it as a stepping stone for a move up a div or two in a season or two.