Author Topic: v Hyde  (Read 12627 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Hyde
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
I thought yates was good in the first half,newsh and swd looked decent and church had a good game. Dont want to say to much about frost as it was his first match but i think all will agree he was a long way of what we need.

None of the spot kicks should have been given in a million years althou there no 9 should have been pulled up very swift for inciting the crowd.

Bazza was bloddy lucky to stay on the pitch!! It looked a clear pen from the halfway line.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 07:53:26 PM »
I thought yates was good in the first half,newsh and swd looked decent and church had a good game. Dont want to say to much about frost as it was his first match but i think all will agree he was a long way of what we need.

None of the spot kicks should have been given in a million years althou there no 9 should have been pulled up very swift for inciting the crowd.

Bazza was bloddy lucky to stay on the pitch!! It looked a clear pen from the halfway line.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny

No it wasnt any where near, there player turned into him and bazza had got his hand to the ball, but some could say yates was but i was in line with that and yates made a clear dive.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 08:34:25 PM »
Agree with most on here second half was very poor today. Hyde definitely deserved something out the game you really couldn't tell they where down to 10. First half thought we where ok but the match overall was our worst performance under the new management team (much worse than when we lost at Solihull). Still results sort of went our way.

Cambocakes to be mathematically safe, without relying on others to drop points, we need 2 wins out of our 3 remaining matches. That's also assuming Eastwood win their appeal.

Strangely I fancy us to win away at Nunny more than the other 2, I reckon we'll get 2 wins and a draw and will end up 3rd like last season.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
i think as much as people want us to finish second and make it a home tie in final (if we get there) i would partially disagree as we seen most of the better performances away from home. especially as it would probably be at telford where we have already won whereas we have lost at home to both nunny and telford! also much better atmosphere on the road. thoughts??

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:53 PM »
I think you're spot on there p4l.
Atmosphere and general matchday experience at York St is piss poor, although there has been an improvement in the run out music lately after they got rid of that 'Right here, Right now' Fatboy slim shite...sounded like some munter trying to get her kids under control at the supermarket  :dan
Much better chance if we're away, and we'll get a decent travelling support as usual.

We went ahead too early, always a bad thing at York St as we end up playing badly for a while and let them back in...we missed the main man Pearson  :(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:40:18 PM by Ed Kandi »

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 09:02:21 PM »
Made the exact same remarks on the way home today....great travelling support creating a better atmosphere.Im convinced looking at the  seasons results we have had BETTER results away from the JAKEMANS ARENAS...

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:39:28 AM »
Who were the two Dick Head's down the Spain Lane side continually getting on to Yates in the second half. What a pair of W*nkers. Why do they bother coming?

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »
Wasnt paul & rob was it ;D ;D ;D

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »
I think the hyde supporters on there forum are spot on.

They say that in the second half the home crowd started to get on the backs of there team, from this point boston started to crack more and more

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 03:08:08 PM »
Ultimately this seasons issue for our players has been to focus against the poor teams in the league and play as well as they do against the better teams. Yesterdays game highlights this problem again and the real need for our players to step it up a notch or two when faced with these weaker teams.

Another problem I've noticed about our play is the way in which we score. We've gone from being able to only score from open play at the beginning of the season to now only being able to score from set pieces. Surely, if we're going to continue to move forward, we need the ability to score from different types of play. We're in danger of beign a one trick pony with our corner stratergy with Person for example.

I wasn't impressed by Frost, he seemed quite lost in the game. Agree with comments about Yates and Cully, they got sold time and time again down the wing by their pacey forward. I thought personally, even though we didn't play well in the second half, I still believed we could hold out for a 2-1 win. The backpass from Austin was a shocker and ultimately lead to Bazza giving the penalty away.

First half we edged it, but the second half display was lacking and in my opinion, we were lucky to come away with a point. I'd of had no complaints if we lost yesterday. Fair play to Hyde, you could barely tell they were down to 10 men and really persued the game with the kind of attitude and performance we should of seen from our own players. At times, they bullied our lads off the ball and we had very little to respond with.

It's so disappointing to see us repeatedly making the same errors against teams like Hyde. We've played many similar games and still failed to learn from the mistakes that are bing made. It would be awful to fall at the last hurdle now, after all the positive work the team have done. We've the right squad for the job, I have every faith in them, lets just hope they do what we all know they're capable of.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:10:53 PM by Pride of Lincolnshire »

Bartmac

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »
From the way their players reacted at the end of the game you would've thought they had won, it showed just how important that point was to them.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
If we continue for the rest of the season beating the "top sides" but drawing against the "lesser teams" it surely bodes well for the play-offs! They showed it plenty of times last season that they could motivate themselves on the big occasions. The trip to Marine was a prime example of that!

Bartmac

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Who were the two Dick Head's down the Spain Lane side continually getting on to Yates in the second half. What a pair of W*nkers. Why do they bother coming?
From what I could gather, they were moaning at Yates for not staying wide and atleast level with their back four once their player was dismissed.   I've noticed under previous managers that we don't seem to know how to stretch a team when they've had a player sent off.   I know folks say it's hard to play against ten men but it shouldn't be. ???

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 06:28:04 AM »
I stand on the Spain Lane side of the ground and i did hear a couple of blokes moaning about JY. It went on for quite a while before some bloke, who by this time had had enough and in no uncertain terms, told them to please refrain from speaking such rubbish. Well it was something like that, but as this is a family site best not to print what was actually said.  :D
Looking around i did see one bloke looking very ashamed of himself and another slightly red in the face and a tad angry.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 12:04:31 PM »
Our wingers do tend to drift inside a lot which sometimes leaves the oppositions attacking players in acres of space, but then maybe it's how they are instructed to play by our bosses?