Author Topic: todays game  (Read 9816 times)

scot

• View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »
Supporters i met in the bar said that the segrigation was because of their own moronic supporters of which they had more than their fair share of. Must say the ones we met were just great and welcomed us in

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 11:52:43 PM »
One of the local chavy idiots took a drunken swing at one of our supports missing by a country mile. The stewards eventually moved them along to be fair with little to no help from the local police force, of which there were plenty! Most standing on one street corner like out of work hookers not that interested in taking control.
Good game, picky ref, spoilt by the local chavs.

Seenbetter

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »
Does the ref tell the linos pre match not to make a decision until HE has told them what decision to make. If not then the lady in black was rubbish. Always waited for the ref to discreetly show her which way to point her powder puff. These games at the end of the season are far too important to be used as a training exercise by the fa for trainees. She was 100% out of her depth. If she was payed for turning out yesterday she give give her fee to charity or hand it over to the ref because he was doing her job. And before I get slagged off for being sexist let me say I am not against female officials if they know what they are doing, and besides, I'd rather look at their arses running past me than a blokes. Perhaps she hasn't been sent her Ladybird book of refereeing by the fa yet.
As for the game--------------FANTASTIC RESULT

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »
.....And before I get slagged off for being sexist....  I'd rather look at their arses running past me.....

Classic FAIL.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 09:01:41 AM »
Was Jason Lee at the game yesterday ? I couldn't see him in the dugout. Also, was Boyes dropped altogether ?

DL

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
Was Jason Lee at the game yesterday ? I couldn't see him in the dugout. Also, was Boyes dropped altogether ?

DL

Jase was there,Boyes was involved in a car accident yesterday morning (girlfriend driving) although they weren't injured Jase decided not to risk him after what he had been through...

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »
.....And before I get slagged off for being sexist....  I'd rather look at their arses running past me.....

Classic FAIL.
Yep total FAIL

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »
I  see on the O/S Lawrie Dudfield got a standing ovation when he came off.
Was he outstanding?

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
To be honest I don't think he was, he didn't really do much but he is probably a long way short of match fitness

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »
I thought he played really well. Won quite a few headers and held the ball up well. Given this was first proper game in a while, he deserves some credit after recieving a mixed welcome on here.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »
i thought dudfield did a good job up top holding it up, i dont think the standing ovation means a lot cause we were all stood up and singing the whole game. everything was perfect with yesterday apart from there idiots who also welcomed us by throwing glasses at us and narrowly missing and hitting passing cars in the process! 2nd place here we come UTP

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
i thought dudfield did a good job up top holding it up, i dont think the standing ovation means a lot cause we were all stood up and singing the whole game. everything was perfect with yesterday apart from there idiots who also welcomed us by throwing glasses at us and narrowly missing and hitting passing cars in the process! 2nd place here we come UTP

Don't forget the BOUNCE!

The President

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »
Thought Dudfield did ok had a few good touches, won a few headers and a very important interception in our box when tracking back to stop one of Telford's best attacking moves!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Got to say that was a poor telford side we see today, We went set our stall out and expected a lot of pressure but what did we get, bastock only save was from a freekick and his only other job was getting down to cut out a cross.  Boston played well but in truth they didnt get out of 1st gear, but i think this was mainly down to the fact they didnt need to.
This is spot on. Thought it'd be more of a smash and grab ala Alfreton if we where to win but it turned out to be 1 of our most comfortable away wins of the season, like you said we didn't get out of 1st gear and still won at a canter. Bazza didn't have a save to make.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 12:45:39 PM »
Does the ref tell the linos pre match not to make a decision until HE has told them what decision to make. If not then the lady in black was rubbish.

Some refs are happy for their lino to make decisions and flag for fouls etc, but others (with bigger egos) prefer to make all decisions themselves and just want the lino to flag for offside and throw ins. 

Saturday's ref even overruled a couple of throw in decisions, so I can guess which category he falls into.  Contrast with last week's ref who spoke to his lino before sending the player off.

Good win, job done, and we've shown we can beat at least one of our play off rivals.