Author Topic: Reserves Vs Swineshead  (Read 5715 times)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Reserves Vs Swineshead
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
Reserves won 2-0 tonight-second half goals from Mickey Stones and Lawrie Dudfield.Big Jase played centre back.Shane Clarke and Mark Newsham also played.Great value for £2.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reserves Vs Swineshead
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:04:40 PM »

Little Chip

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »
Really good game last night, Swineshead had a good go and I think that the first team members got a little shock by how hard Swineshead worked to stop them playing. Good crowd down just over 200 most UCL clubs would like that support.

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:48 PM »
https://picasaweb.google.com/Bunyyan/Bunyyan07#slideshow/5592531803783812322

Heres a few pics from last night.

Nice pics! (except the one with me in!)

Sorry for not saying hi last night by the way.... might have seemed i was being a bit ignorant but was not having a good day lol.

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
Hi Shippy,

Always good to hear from you.

No umbridge taken!!! I thought you were not quite yourself when sat at pitch side. I got a bit fed up myself - mainly with the poor lighting conditions - pushing the camera to its limits and only getting an average shot 1 in 4. I hope that when we get a new stadium that we get some quality floodlighting.

Would be good to meet up after a match sometime.

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:26 PM »
Hi Shippy,

Always good to hear from you.

No umbridge taken!!! I thought you were not quite yourself when sat at pitch side. I got a bit fed up myself - mainly with the poor lighting conditions - pushing the camera to its limits and only getting an average shot 1 in 4. I hope that when we get a new stadium that we get some quality floodlighting.

Would be good to meet up after a match sometime.

Some nights it happens, some nights it dont.... thats the joys of it :P Hopefully they will get some nice floodlights but they are better than most in the BSN to be fair.

Yeah we should meet up after a game sometime!

Will get some photos up shortly....

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
With the reserves looking like they are going to win the league with matches to spare, is the Lincs League competitive enough? Are we planning on playing there next season? I saw there was a match between lincoln city reserves and grimsby reserves the other day, would we better playing against those?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Do the Reserves need to be competitive? S&H saw it as a separate entity, but fringe/unfit first teamers are being used, surely the aims of the team are now different?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
Should move up a level! Apparently the Lincs league is a poor standard compared to 10 years ago!

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 09:20:14 AM »
Perhaps someone can suggest a league which we can play in that won't cost us £300/£500 a week! The reserves is there first and foremost for progression of the youth team players to men's football. Secondly for first team players to keep fit/coming back from injury etc, and finally for potential local players to get somewhere near the first team.
An added bonus this year has been that we have been around the top all season, but it is not our aim to win the Lincs League ....it is all of the above.
Don't forget we are trying to make the reserves a self funding entity without taking resources away from the club.
None of the players are paid a penny, they train twice a week and have to travel both times from their homes, which are around the county and then on a Saturday four of them are paid a small amount of expenses to take their cars to away games. A healthy gate like Tuesday's 201 obviously helps ....so those not travelling to telford why not come down to The Jakemans and watch a cracking game of top v second! The lads could possibly win the title tomorrow, but have been weakened by call ups to the first team!
I think a midweek league would be better, but the youths play on a Wednesday so none of them would be making that progression, so a Saturday league is preferable. The Lincs League are working hard at the moment to attract a few more teams for next season, hopefully making the league better.
Sorry to have gone on a bit but sometimes feel a bit frustrated!

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »
The reserves are fine the way they are now. It's worked this year, and could the club realistically afford a reserve team at a higher level? No. I'd like to see a few more first teamers in it, like we saw the other night, but like Cookie said, it's provided our Youth Team mens football, as well as some of the reserve players helping the first team out when we were short of numbers.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
At least the two new coaches are giving the reserve team players a chance,that can only help them achieve even better things.I have seen a lot of the reserve matches this season and they have played some cracking football and scored some superb team goals.. As Cookie says,anyone not going to Telford should get to YS tomorrow and see them.Glen and Martin have got a good squad together playing the game in the right manner..

Cookie,tell Glen I have almost forgiven him for that foul he did on me one night on the hard court at Peter Paine that took all the skin off my knees  :D