Author Topic: Grimsby forum  (Read 3689 times)

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
Grimsby forum
« on: April 03, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »

Looks as though our moaners have moved to the north of the county - in droves! S & H must be pleased!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: Grimsby forum
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »
Anyone think they might have been very lucky up to now and that luck is about to run out?

Holdsworth built a good (very good) side at Ilkeston which they inherited and took up. They then de-camped to Boston and brought the best of the squad with them. Now they've moved on to a complete basket case at GTFC where expectation are sky high and they are saddled with a poor squad tied up on contracts.

I hope I'm wrong, as a person Rob Scott comes across as a right clever bastard who'd stop at nothing to get what he wants. But they took over a complete shambles here and left us in rude health on the field so I find it difficult to knock them even if I think one half and a certain criminal ex manager of ours are out of the same mould persona wise.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:55:32 PM »
They can't be judged at Grimsby until they've had the summer to sign a few players...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:58:38 PM »
Andy, many of the top managers are arrogant, to the point at times they seem to have lost any sense of reality, however it is this aggression, determination and ruthlessness to win at all costs that makes them so successful, Ales Ferguson, Brian Clough and Jose Mouriniho come to mind (not that im suggesting SE and RS are or ever will be at the same level.)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »
I've got a feeling we could see SE follow a similar career path to Neil Warnock - just hope he never gets to the Premier league.  Might he be the new Notts Co manager in the summer?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
I've got a feeling we could see SE follow a similar career path to Neil Warnock - just hope he never gets to the Premier league.  Might he be the new Notts Co manager in the summer?

Can't see it, he would need one of his puppets imbedded in at county to manage it as he never takes akin on merit.  :-\ oh!
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.