Author Topic: Buying Photographs - Your opinions please  (Read 4042 times)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
Buying Photographs - Your opinions please
« on: April 03, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
Good afternoon :)

I have had a few people recently enquiring about purchasing prints of some of my photographs. I have also spoken to DN briefly about some of my photographs - which is encouraging.

Anyway, I would like to know what your thoughts would be if I could sort something out whereby photographs are purchased through a system hosted by the club. Now I wouldn't want to limit this to just my photos, as Tim Hoff is always at the home games so it would be ideal to include his as well.

Do you think this is a good idea and would you support it if a sizeable cut of the profits go to the club and the Save the Pilgrims fund? If there is enough interest in the idea then I will talk to the club and see if it would be possible.

Just to give you an idea of what would be possible (with very little start up costs) have a look at http://www.theposhpics.com/ .

I look forward to your opinions :)

David Shipman

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
Re: Buying Photographs - Your opinions please
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.

I think something that might be popular would be a 'Season in Photographs' publication - worth thinking about?

That is a good idea and something I might well put forward to the club as well :)

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
I like Patrick's idea of a season in photo's, also photos to buy would be great and i'm sure kids and some adults would buy them so they can get them autographed good idea

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
Very good idea. Not sure how many would buy if its £5 for the smallest photo like on the Posh site though!

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
I'd support that no problem.  My issue would be convincing the wife that a poster sized photo of Pearson heading one in the net is suitable for the front room!

That said i've got a photo of Cookie scoring at Wembley in the bedroom, which sounds wrong.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »
There've been some crackers in the past few seasons, the Church one against FCUM last year, the Suarez one this.  Some of those from the rain at Guiseley.

I think it'd be a great idea.  It would have to be easy for you though.  Something you just throw at the web and it uploads easily or you might not get enough return for your efforts.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 07:21:26 PM »
I know apple does this program where you can upload your photos, and it makes it into a high quality book which you buy and they send you. They're really nice, hardback books, maybe you could do that with your best pictures?