Author Topic: its awfully quiet on here  (Read 18974 times)

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
its awfully quiet on here
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:30:47 PM »
thought it would of been bit more lively with people knowing this was gonna be up and running after impstalk forum closed down

Hugo

• View Profile
Re: its awfully quiet on here
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 10:32:07 PM »
There isnt a lot happening at the moment to discuss!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »
Quieter still next week Tom if you are back at school.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »
Quieter still next week Tom if you are back at school.

yeah im back tomorrow  :D

oh the joy  8)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 02:59:20 PM »
Could be two signings this week ;)

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
cool that means we could enter in to a 5-aside tournament!
 ::)

Bartmac

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »
Or if Millo is still in plaster some three-legged races :D

tog 1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »

Been told that pre season traing will be held in Rotherham, when they get enough players

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »
All this inactivity on the transfer market , and silence from the "Twin managers",will not encourage fans to pay out money in advance for season tickets, we are back to the 1st season when T T took over as manager,        [ but without the debt and CVA, ]  no players signed for the season, so whoever they sign, which will be a new team, they will have to gel together as a team, that could take up to christmas, I'm not very optimistic at all about the coming season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »
A new team is what we,ve all been crying out for creamboy, silence does not mean inactivity , The days of a boasting manager paying over the odds have gone. Thankfully our managers like many others now will not be held to ransom by greedy players. If we sign a new squad today they will gel no quicker than  if we sign them in another 4 weeks.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »
yea,,theres still about 9 - 10 weeks to the season start..
   Its player suitability that counts to us now.
    maybe a lot are on holiday  .. patience

Martyn Bishop

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »
New players are like buses. You don't see one for ages, then all of a sudden they all arrive.

Seenbetter

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »
I think we should stop wingeing about lack of signings and just try and be patient. I agree it would be nice to see something happening but the new managers could just be waiting for the July sales when players realise they cannot be greedy. We should be encouraging the pair by showing our patience and trusting them. Come on HnS do us proud and I will reward you with the freedom of Kirton (thats just outside Boston if you didn't know). If they do let us down we can suspend their passports and keep them out of Bostonshire.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »
I think we should stop wingeing about lack of signings and just try and be patient. I agree it would be nice to see something happening but the new managers could just be waiting for the July sales when players realise they cannot be greedy. We should be encouraging the pair by showing our patience and trusting them. Come on HnS do us proud and I will reward you with the freedom of Kirton (thats just outside Boston if you didn't know). If they do let us down we can suspend their passports and keep them out of Bostonshire.

Let's hope all the decent players havn't been picked up by other clubs. The worrry is Kings Lynn are signing players on from the area were we would expect to be picking up signings, so to are Trinity. I have shown faith in the two new men by getting my season ticket, hopefully there will be some signings next week, or I will be concerned that we can't compete with other clubs at this level.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »
I'm totally behind them. I think you'll find this summer that players are pricing themselves out of the market as most clubs are having to cut their playing budget. I would say that there will be plenty of talented players without clubs right up to the start of the season and the longer they are without a club the less money they'll accept/be able to command. The only clubs getting players in now are those with silly money to throw around i.e. Gainsborough, for the rest (which is a large majority) it's a case of playing the waiting game. An example here