Author Topic: play off dates  (Read 9048 times)

cappo

• View Profile
play off dates
« on: March 31, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
i know they have been posted on hear a bit back but i have forgot what they were.any body remind me please
"till saturday comes"

woad_pilgrim

Re: play off dates
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:51:13 AM »
thanks
"till saturday comes"

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:49:12 PM »

From today's non-league paper:

This season's Blue Square Bet Premier, North and South play-off could be pushed back by two days.

The Conference have confirmed they are considering a request to switch the semi-finals from May 3-4.

They fear gates will be down as the original dates clash with the Champions League semi-final second legs. The proposal will see the games now played on May 4-5.

A Conference statement confirmed that the dates for the three leagues are now under review.

It read: "We are considering a request to re-schedule the Blue Square play-off first leg matches to avoid a clash with Champions League fixtures.

"A decision on this proposal cannot be made until it is certain neither finalist in the FA Trophy will be a participant in the play-off.

"An announcement on this proposed movement will be made immediately the position is determined."

I'm annoyed by this. Once dates have been published then (weather aside) they should not be subject to change. I recognised the likelihood of us being in the play-offs a few weeks ago and took the initiative of booking time off work for the original dates. If the dates are now changed, then I may struggle to move work commitments, particularly at short notice. Having missed only three matches home and away all season (all midweek, and all through work commitments), it will be disappointing if I have to add play-off matches to that list.

Surely the Conference should have recognised the clash with Champions League fixtures before the original dates were drawn up? And even if they didn't, hands up any true Boston fans who would decline a play-off fixture to watch a Champions League game on TV?

The footballing authorities should put supporters first for a change and leave the dates as they were.

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »

I'm annoyed by this. Once dates have been published then (weather aside) they should not be subject to change. I recognised the likelihood of us being in the play-offs a few weeks ago and took the initiative of booking time off work for the original dates. If the dates are now changed, then I may struggle to move work commitments, particularly at short notice. Having missed only three matches home and away all season (all midweek, and all through work commitments), it will be disappointing if I have to add play-off matches to that list.

Surely the Conference should have recognised the clash with Champions League fixtures before the original dates were drawn up? And even if they didn't, hands up any true Boston fans who would decline a play-off fixture to watch a Champions League game on TV?

The footballing authorities should put supporters first for a change and leave the dates as they were.

Agree Leicester Pilgrim as I am in exactly the same position

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
where is the final to be played?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
At the home gorund of the highest-placed finalist... hence finishing 2nd would be very welcome!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Agree the dates should remain the same.

Again shows the Conference to be not as professional as they claim to be.

The Champs League dates were published at the start of the season - they should of taken that into account before setting play-off dates.

Our fans will turn out regardless of whether there's football on TV or not.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 06:52:28 PM »
This is a joke.

There will only be one English side in the last 4 of the Champions League and they you would think will already have the job done against bottom half Bundesliga side Schalke.

Still there are still clowns who turn up to York Street in Man Utd and Chelsea tops so maybe they'd rather sit at home...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
I take it you failed to notice Schalke's last Champions League game?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »
Schalke will not get to the final. Inter were only so good last year because of Jose.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 08:08:12 PM »
Never write off the Germans!

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
I've just emailed the Conference complaining about them thinking of changing the play-off dates for the reasons Leicester Pilgrim and Chris 47 state below.

Also asked them to clarify whether it is BSP playoffs only that are changed or BSN North and South too - I don't think its totally clear from their website what they mean.

Pooter

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
I'd put money on the request having come from the TV outfit that screens BSP matches, and they're only interested in the Prem play-offs, which means that the north and south play-offs will be unaffected.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
Hope our dates don't change.  As the article mentions two dates, I would assume it is referring to BSP as they play each game on different days for TV.  I couldn't make the Thursday, but surely Thursday and Sunday would be crazy dates for our two legs?

Absolutely ridiculous decision if they change them for BSN/BSS - not only supporters but PLAYERS at this level need to arrange time off from work in advance to get to games. 

How would any team feel if they had a player missing from a play off game due to work commitments because the league messed about with the dates at this late stage? 

Champions League dates have been known all season, and there is usually at least one English team in them, so why leave it this late to worry about the clash?

Hopefully it's the usual NLP standard of reporting and the existing dates will stand