Author Topic: Something fishy at Grimsby  (Read 2977 times)

Old yellow

• View Profile
Something fishy at Grimsby
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
Posted by GMTC fan on fishy forum, good for a laugh

TAKEN FROM THE BOSTON STANDARD TODAY.......

The Boston Standard reports that in a bizarre turnaround, Grimsby Town Football Club are counter suing Boston United for sending two managers that are not fit for the purpose intended.

Club chairman John Fenty said in a statement; "The management duo are clearly not of merchantable quality and do not fulfil the purpose for which they are intended, i am most upset that they clearly do not do what its states on the tin.As a result of this,i am returning the goods,so to speak; to the place that i aquired them and expect a full refund".

This about turn comes as a direct result of two disappointing performances.In the first performance, early promise saw the mariners take a two goal lead only to fall over and let in two goals at the other end.Last nights performance against Darlington was markedly worse than Saturdays,yet Hurst in his after match interview thought that it was an improvement;using terme like "pleased with the commitment shown" to describe lack lustre performances.Fenty went on to say "were these guys watching the same game as us?followed then by more crap and finishes To top this off, they then take of my prize asset,well i am sorry this is not what i bargained for when i took this Cannon & Ball like double act and i am not happy.

Boston United chairman was not available for comment as he has been admitted to Pilgrim hospital after a bout of laughing hysteria resulted in a mild heart attack.

Seems that are contracted managers are going down a storm at Grimsby

Ben Grant

• View Profile
Re: Something fishy at Grimsby
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
This has to be a joke, Surely. Its not April 1 yet is it?

Ah, it is - I didn't read the source :-)

Bartmac

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 01:41:30 PM »
Love it, love it, love it.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:41:08 PM »
 ;D ;D well funny  ;D ;D
"till saturday comes"