Author Topic: Drury has no interest in vacant job with Pilgrims  (Read 7235 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Drury has no interest in vacant job with Pilgrims
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »
Do you mean Mark Stimson? He'd be an excellent appointment, IMO.

I live near Barnet at the moment, and he was pretty much the reason they're going to be relegated this year, he did a really bad job, and we are quite similar to Barnet so thats a no from me.
We're similar to Barnet? How? We are one of the best supported teams in our league, and they aren't... he did a fantastic job with Grays, and also at Stevenage. Only since managing in the Football League has he been unspectacular...

In terms of fanbase, with a hardcore of around 1200 ish, with the possibility to go up to around 2000 in a big match, and budgets are probably low. A manager with success with working on a low budget would be needed. With some financial backing Stimson would be a good shout, but not at the moment imo

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »
Steve Fallon had a lot of success at Histon and I'm guessing he didn't have a big budget to work with. He would probably be a good appointment.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
Don,t think Stimson could manage a team on Bostons budget , Fallon would be able to do with a big-hoof brand of football. 
 Did anyone actually hear Drury being declared the favourite for the job on BBC Lincs. ?
 Reading the article it reminded me of one of our ex managers .
 Lets avoid has-beens like Steve Thomson , with TT and BL down the road at Gainsboro surely me have learned a lesson.
 After the success under S&H lets go for the same formula again , a pair say like Canoville & Lee . Surely they,ve not been declared failures already ?

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
No no no - he means Barry Fry has applied.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 12:38:28 PM »
Both begin with a "B" and have 6 letters if you ignore "United" from our name  ;D

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »
because they are not proven yet, the next 6 league games and the playoffs may change that. But i expect that the club has been flooded with interest from some high profile managers either out of work,operating in the media or have exsisting contracts until the end of the season, then they will go into a hat with the others.
neither were scott and hurst and they didnt do a bad job
"till saturday comes"