Author Topic: todays game  (Read 8043 times)

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »
Good old Dave.

Those two would shit on anyone to get a shin up the ladder, what they did was wrong, after the support they've had from Dave the least they could have done was see the season out.

I hope he sues the arses off the pair off them and Grim Town.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
How we didn't come away with something today I'll never know, we should have had the three points let alone the one, though the result probably summed up the kind of week the club has had.  Numerous chances were created, though a combination of good goalkeeping from Jas Singh, goal clearances and us repeating our penalty record as in the Telford game meant us leaving the game with jack. Today nothing went for us, and when the ref is on first name terms with the home team it never helps. Apart from a free header which Bazza held and their goal coming from a deflection off the bar we looked more likely to score. Still if we play like that til  the end of the season and manage to have a bit of rub of the green, it could be another exciting end to the campaign. Can't fault the lads for effort either, hopefully we'll show what we can do against Worcester. Unfortunately Solihull's unbeaten record continues, though Alfreton will have other ideas on Monday night. Passed the Tamworth team bus coming home with a point from a good day's work at another team who I can't quite remember whom manages them anymore.
Onwards and upwards and to the future: Jason and Lee.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
I feel so sorry for dave, as he has put his heart and sole into this club and then gets treated so badly both those two. oh i have forgoten their names! no respect anymore

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 07:53:11 PM »
Interesting to see Cannovile didn't play. Personally I think we would be better off with him still starting.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
Nothing wrong today with either the attitude or the performance of the team.All we lacked was a goal.We should have come home with at least a point,but we'll be fine as long as our performance levels match todays.Onwards and upwards.Keep the faith.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
Just to cheer you up David walked into the bar at Solihull before the game and looked slightly embarassed but pleased as the Pilgrims supporters instinctively broke into a round of applause, ( a lovely moment ) He stayed there having a pint with us and was available to everyone for a chat Yes he does deserve all the accolades from the fans.
Very disappointed to come away with nothing as we deserved all three points and would have done if it were not for their great keeper and the worst homer ive ever seen.
I had hoped the lads had been galvanised as a team following recent events and I was not disappointed, If we carry on until the end of the season with the same attitude we showed today I feel confident we will get promotion through the play offs.
Well done to the team the management and the 300 or so fans who did the club proud today.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »
Interesting to see Cannovile didn't play. Personally I think we would be better off with him still starting.
Probably wanting to view at least one game from the dugout... he should be playing himself next week ahead of Cully.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
I dont think hes fully fit!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 08:44:10 PM »
I think we played very well, it did seem as any momentum we've had was carried forward today, as if you didn't know our gaffers had left mid-week you wouldn't have guessed it either

how we didn't least get a point today i don't know, but if we can keep up that kind of peformance for the rest of the season we'll be in the PO's

UTP !

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »
Yep I agree should have had a minimum of a point but really should have had all 3 today. Jas Singh MOTM for them as he produced a string of good saves but Yates and SWD really should of had a couple each. If we play like that for the next 6 fames we;ll get play-offs and I'd fancy us against anyone.

I'd actually stick my neck out and say it's the best we've played for a while, dealt with virtually everything they threw at us (which was long balls to their big CF and set pieces). Going forward Semple and Yates played better than I've seen them in a long while. It's only 1 game so not going to get carried away but the signs so far are pretty good.