Author Topic: Events this week  (Read 3759 times)

woad_pilgrim

Events this week
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:23:58 PM »
As I have had a major project going on at work for the last couple of weeks this is the first time I've had a chance to comment on events of this week. First and foremost I'd like to thank Scott and Hurst on everything they achieved at the club, there is no doubt they have played a major role in our recovery. However what has followed has soured what they have achieved somewhat.

I can't criticise them for wanting to go to a bigger club or wanting to go into full time management, but the way they have done it I can. As DN has pointed out they have acted in a totally unprofessional way, as soon as they knew they had a chance with Grimsby they didn't want to take any chances of what they perceived as things getting in their way and spat their dummy out when offered terms by DN and resigned. I'd like to wish them luck, but the way they have left I wouldn't mean it so am not going to.

I would guess if they had any faith in their own ability they'd have said to Grimsby we'll sign a pre-contract for next season and take over after we have finished the job at Boston. That way they'd of gained the respect of our chairman and fans and maybe more repect from the Grimsby contingent that these are guys that won't mess clubs around. But they clearly don't have that amount of faith in their own ability.

As far as compensation is concerned Grimsby chairman claims we don't have a case stating they resigned but then goes on to say that nobody can poach them and if they tried they'd have to take 6 months gardening leave. These 2 statements contradict themselves, as if S&H want to leave i n future according to Fenty all they need to do is resign with immediate effect and they are free to go anywhere!! I think he needs to listen to himself as he comes accross as a bit of an amateur. He also claimed that S&H weren't offered another contract which they where when the Lincoln job came up but I guess even then they where keeping their options open and refused to agree to anything.

I'd say that Grimsby can't really gain from this, if S&H aren't successful then they'll get the sack and they'll be left in the same position. If S&H are successful then S&H will leave them in the sh*t like they did us and Ilkeston.

It's also become apparent that Scott is calling all the shots and Hurst isn't an equal partner, I'd say there is a shelf life on their partnership and would say within 2-3 years that they'll split.

Anyway enough of that as there has already been plenty written, good luck to Jason and Lee. They have taken over in a not too dissimilar position to what Scott and Hurst did at Ilkeston when Holdsworth left for Mansfield, taking over a team in the play-offs and with no managerial experience. They have gone on to be very successful so far so there's no reason why JL and LC can't emulate them. Also welcome back to the legend that is Bazza, from the sound of things still playing as well as ever, let's hope you can continue and keep enough clean sheets to help us to promotion.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:29:45 PM by woad_pilgrim »

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Events this week
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 04:30:16 PM »

Good post woad pilgrim, Agree with everything you say, Onward and Upwards, The club is bigger than any manager or player.

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
Well said!! We have to look forward now and set our sights to promotion  :)

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »
Great post wp.As far as i am concerned,i have no interest in what happens to them in the future.My thoughts,as always,are about Boston United Football Club.Good luck Lee and Jason,see you at Solihull tomorrow.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »
WP always gets it right , as does our chairman .   After all the doom and gloom at the beginning of the week , thanks to the appointments of Canners and Jason plus the extended loan of Kevin Austin and the signing of Bazza I sense the mood of the fans has now turned to greater optimism .  Hopefully the players will be affected in the same manner.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 06:21:06 PM »
I totally agree

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 06:40:57 PM »
i definately think that all fans, including myself, will be looking forward to the running to the last games of the seaon with a legend returning and two excellent players in control of the first team affairs! unfortunately not at solihull tommorow but will be at the rest of the games this season!! very optimistic pilgrim!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
Fantastic post again Woad Pilgrim. As always the most interesting, balanced and detailed poster on the forum!!!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »
Great post Woad!
I'm just catching up on the events myself.