Author Topic: Players to the cod heads?  (Read 7784 times)

airsbufc

• View Profile
Players to the cod heads?
« on: March 24, 2011, 06:55:31 AM »
What's the betting that S and H will swoop for some of our lads to take to Grimsby, just like they brought some ilks to us? Who's first ? Pearson? Sleath?

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Players to the cod heads?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:28:22 AM »
I think they're more than likely to wait untill the summer (well i hope anyway)

they might want to see who they want and who they don't want for next season in the few games they'll be at Grimsby, must think aswell they might go after other decent players at this level as well who they've seen along the way

But as things go i wouldn't be suprised if Pearson and SWD were taken to Grimsby with 'em and maybe Sleath + Church

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »
IT IS MY THEORY THAT CHURCH WILL RETURN SOUTH WHEN HE FINISHES HIS STUDIES IN THE SUMMER. HES FROM LONDON SO WILL IN MY OPINION WANT A CLUB FURTHER SOUTH.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »
IT IS MY THEORY THAT CHURCH WILL RETURN SOUTH WHEN HE FINISHES HIS STUDIES IN THE SUMMER. HES FROM LONDON SO WILL IN MY OPINION WANT A CLUB FURTHER SOUTH.

I know that you are a long way away, assuming your name is relevant to you location, but please don't shout, we can hear you(Caps lock)!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
Pearson yes but I don't think sleath and church are as good as they have there already they are strong in the middle

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 05:00:53 PM »
There's way too many variables to categorically state who'll leave and who won't. A lot will depend on where we are at the end of this season, if we miss out on the play-offs or lose in them and are still in this league then we'll remain part-time. In this case we'll defo lose Boyes who stated when he joined that he'll only stay if we go up and go full time. Of the rest it is unknown how many want to go full-time, some will earn more doing a day job + whatever they earn with us. Some may see it as too risky and I'm sure there's other reasons why they might remain semi-pro. I'm sure we'll lose some.

If we go full-time then we'll obviously lose any players that want to stay part-time. In this case we may also lose players offered better deals elsewhere but again there are variables like potential extra travelling and if they'd be squad players or first team players etc.

As far as S&H poaching players again it depends if they think they can improve the current squad at Grimsby or if they know of players they think are better that are available. There's also the factor of loyalty to S&H if they do target our players, I'd guess the ones that followed from Ilkeston, Sleath, Church, Murphy and Newsham are pretty loyal to our former managers, but then in the couple of years they have been here maybe things have changed. Of the rest who knows how many would want to go play for S&H.

I notice people specifically mention Pearson as 1 that will leave. I have my doubts, do S&H think that he'd improve Grimsby's defence? does Pearson want to go full time? If he does and we went up went full time he may stay with us? If offered terms by both he'll have another hour and half travelling each way from his Norfolk home which will be a big factor I'd have thought. Apart from Boyes I wouldn't say anyone will definately leave and if things work out right even he may stay.

Things are never as straight forward as who we think is capable of  playing higher...

Old yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »
Dont Sleath,Church,Cullingworth finish uni this year,in which case they move on for work purposes.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
And Murphy, and i think hes from further south than London

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »
Dont Sleath,Church,Cullingworth finish uni this year,in which case they move on for work purposes.

Or maybe the degree is a back up incase they don't make it as a pro?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »
You don't take degrees as a back up career...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
Aren't they are Loughborough? Thought some of the degrees there were basically just full time sport with the academic thing very much a back up...

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »
Lets get this season out of the way before we worry about who's going where.  First thing we need to do is back the lads on the field, the two lads that have taken hold of the reins and the chairman. I do believe the chairman has been shat on form a great height and he deserves all our support.
I'm not happy about the way they left the club but shit happens. What's more important is the club, we've had lots of crap in the past and no doubt we'll have to endure more.
If we loose players at the end of the season, well that's life. Whoever's managing the side next season, whatever league we're in will no doubt find the players.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 08:02:15 AM »
I was chatting to Pearson on saturday, he said that he really loves playing for us, but when asked if he would move to go fulltime he said yes he would go full time that is all he has ever wanted to do. So I guess if we go full time we MAY keep him if not I think he'll go. But this was said before S+H's departure.

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »
I stand corrected but i think Murphy is studying to become a teacher ,Sleath is studying Mechanical Engineering .Church is studying Economics, Business,& Finance and cully i think is a sports science student. Sleath & Cully are from the Midlands while Murph and Churchy are from the London area. This info is from various local paper interviews so is fairly accurate . So i think they are all looking for a career away from football.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
I was chatting to Pearson on saturday, he said that he really loves playing for us, but when asked if he would move to go fulltime he said yes he would go full time that is all he has ever wanted to do. So I guess if we go full time we MAY keep him if not I think he'll go. But this was said before S+H's departure.

The lads a cracking player PL. It would be lovely to have him here next season as captain. We can only hope as a club we can win promotion and can afford to go full time.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?