Author Topic: DOUBLE STANDARDS  (Read 2236 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
DOUBLE STANDARDS
« on: March 24, 2011, 08:10:34 AM »
 Cant believe some people slating H&S for leaving with part of the season left, then welcoming back a player we have signed ( legend i know) who we have taken from a club whos supporters now say is going to cost them their position in the league.

DOUBLE STANDARDS OR WHAT?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: DOUBLE STANDARDS
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »
Cant believe some people slating H&S for leaving with part of the season left, then welcoming back a player we have signed ( legend i know) who we have taken from a club whos supporters now say is going to cost them their position in the league.

DOUBLE STANDARDS OR WHAT?

Did Bazza break his contract with St Albans?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:48 AM »
Did Bazza have a contract with St Albans?

They are also in financial difficulty, and struggling to pay their players - wise move for him (and a lot easier in terms of travelling!) IMO.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 12:43:52 PM »
It sounds as if it was a mutual agreement for Bazza to be allowed to leave. 

As for costing them their place in the league, if they lose their appeal next week they will be deducted 10 points and as good as down.  From past experience of FA appeals, I wouldn't be optimistic if I was a St Albans supporter.

I've no problem over the timing of S&H leaving (the manner of it could have been better, but the timing makes sense).  From our point of view, better now than wait until the close season - you need to be re-signing the players you want to keep as soon as the season ends, so if they'd left in May we could have been in limbo and lost players whilst we tried to find a new manager.