Author Topic: Recent developments  (Read 2509 times)

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
Recent developments
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
      I am sure many fellow Pilgrims will want to thank the managers for their hard work in raising the standards at the club since their arrival. Together with David Newton, they have made us more stable financially although there is still a long way to go before we become self sufficient. May they continue to succeed at Grimsby. My only concern will be whether they decide to take some of our players such as Pearson with them with the lure of higher wages. The king is dead. Long live the king!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Recent developments
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »
This has all happened before..(Jim Smith ?)
   Though  I don't think our present currency will attract the likes of Howard Wilkinson this time round . .

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
This has all happened before..(Jim Smith ?)
   Though  I don't think our present currency will attract the likes of Howard Wilkinson this time round . .

When Jim Smith left to join Colchester Keith Jobling took over as Ernest Malkinson thought Howard Wilkinson was too young. Wilkinson was appointed as player-coach and eventually took over as manager a couple of seasons later.

When Howard Wilkinson left to join Mossley the management duties were then taken over by a players' co-operative headed by Gordon Bolland and Freddie Taylor and they went on to take the club to their third Northern Premier League title. Perhaps the club should try this approach again!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
The more the fans hear of this episode in the clubs history the more they will go off Scott  and Hurst.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR