Author Topic: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS  (Read 19485 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Re: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 09:41:44 AM »
Now on the club site......................

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 09:42:06 AM »
From Craig Singleton's Twitter >> "Rob Scott and Paul Hurst resign with immediate effect..."
Like everyone else,i expected them to move on sooner rather than later,but i can't help but be angry at the timing.I was looking forward to the trip to Solihull on Saturday.......less so now. :(

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
From Craig Singleton's Twitter >> "Rob Scott and Paul Hurst resign with immediate effect..."
Like everyone else,i expected them to move on sooner rather than later,but i can't help but be angry at the timing.I was looking forward to the trip to Solihull on Saturday.......less so now. :(

just posted something similar on another thread,why leave this near the end of the season and with promotion still within reach,it doesn't make sense if they have gone to GT but if it is to Rotherham then it is a little easier to understand..

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 09:55:42 AM »

Good luck to the pair of em but once again I think that our beloved club has been used as a stepping stone. Surely GTFC could have waited till the end of the season (it's not as if they are going anywhere) instead of plunging us into the mire. It is all very well saying look what they have done for us but we have done a bloody site more for them in a short space of time methinks. What we need now is the appointment of a permanent manager so he/they can hit the ground running in the close season.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 09:59:54 AM »
This is terrible news. Ruined my week...

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 10:01:31 AM »
It all boils down to the lure of the old Jewish piano.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 10:02:08 AM »
what a crock of shit at this time of the season

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
I am not alone in NOT wishing them well.

To leave with a handful of games remaining which could result in promotion into the same league as Grimsby is most unwelcome.

Rob Scott  is a poor loser and doesn't like criticism - so he is in for a rude awakening when he gets to Blundell Park.

If we manage to get promotion this season, I doubt he will get a good reception when Grimsby come to York Street.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 10:54:08 AM »
While I'm absolutely gutted our managers have left, I can't help but feel disappointed in their decision as we're so close to securing a possible play off place and more importantly Grimsby aren't going anywhere this season. Why couldn't they have left after our season ended, surely it won't make that much difference to Grimsby if they start now or next season. No doubt the pair of them are up and coming managers and they were always likely to go chasing bigger things, but to leave us at such a vital part in the season, after playing down the Grimsby job is a massive kick in the nuts.

They both however helped to get our club back on track and brought many happy times to us fans and I thank them both for what they achieved in such a short space of time. Obviously they're both talented managers and we we're fortunate enough to experience their skills for a couple of seasons, I only wish they'd stayed a little longer. I can see why Grimsby is so tempting, a chance to manage a football league club in a season or two is hard to turn down. Just bad timing which will get some of our fans backs up. I hope  most of our fans will congratulate and thank them for the superb efforts all the same.

All is not lost though, we're still in the play off place and can possibly play Grimsby next season.

Best of luck Paul and Rob. See you you in the conference ;)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 10:55:18 AM »
Wonder if they may change their minds and go to Rotherham?

YCFC

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »
I wouldn't wish this on any Club (well maybe just a few) but you have to look at the positives.
Pride Of Lincolnshire sums it up well.
These boys came in when you were falling to obscurity.
They have done a great job in the short time they have been with you and look at it from their point.
If they don't take the job they may not get another chance.
If they do and do well they may go on to bigger things.
They have left you in a great position for promotion, with a sound footing financially, thanks mainly to your chairman (quite rightly imo) keeping an eye on it all.
You are ready for the move up to the next level.
We may see you next season if we're not in League 2, but if we are you should give them boys a great welcome for what they have achieved.
Having said that I would be totally peeved if we lost our manager when things were looking that good!!!!
Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Football... it's a funny old game......... and really hurts you when you think it's going well.............

ExBostonian

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 12:22:27 PM »
First post since patter days!!
What I can't understand is that they have jobs outside football. Most (unlike football) require at least a months notice.

Would have hoped they could have seen the last 7 games out before going.
Also, worried we can now keep our best players to see the season out.

dazzybabie

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
Well....

Balls to the lovey dovey shite thats on here. This pair of feckless wonderboys have groomed us good n propper. Lots of nice massages and then when we least expect it, smear some grease on and  do us up the botty.

Yeah yeah, they rescued us they did this they did tha, whatever...

They have jumped ship, left us rite in it, and no doubt their next trick will be to sign anyone in the team that can kick a ball, and leave us with a bunch of three legged donkeys trying to play out to their retirmnent.

Any good that they may have done has just been wiped out.

As for grimsby, well you cant blame them for offering what must be stupid money to get S&H, you can blame S&H for taking it. 

I hope that their sucess comes to a dramatic halt and we can wave to grimsby as they drop out of the premier on their way to the unibond.

What a pair of backstabbers.

Goodbye n Good riddance.

the somewhat fuming Dazzy  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

goodyntu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
Well....

Balls to the lovey dovey shite thats on here. This pair of feckless wonderboys have groomed us good n propper. Lots of nice massages and then when we least expect it, smear some grease on and  do us up the botty.

Yeah yeah, they rescued us they did this they did tha, whatever...

They have jumped ship, left us rite in it, and no doubt their next trick will be to sign anyone in the team that can kick a ball, and leave us with a bunch of three legged donkeys trying to play out to their retirmnent.

Any good that they may have done has just been wiped out.

As for grimsby, well you cant blame them for offering what must be stupid money to get S&H, you can blame S&H for taking it. 

I hope that their sucess comes to a dramatic halt and we can wave to grimsby as they drop out of the premier on their way to the unibond.

What a pair of backstabbers.

Goodbye n Good riddance.

the somewhat fuming Dazzy  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Backstabbers, and good riddance? Are you for real? While it's hard to take, they deserve a chance at a higher level, and back in full time football. Grimsby are a bigger team than us no doubt, and I trust DN and NK to appoint another succesful manager(s), to take us to the next level. They've left us in a good situation, although the timing I agree isn't great, we're still in the play offs, and have a decent chance of promtion to the BSP.

I wish Rob Scott and Paul Hurst the best at Grimsby, and hope they are as much a success at BP, then what they achieved at YS.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »
Come on down back to earth dazziebabie .
Would you turn down a higher profile job with lots more money and prospects ?
Is the club in a better position on and off the field than it was before these chaps came ?
Name the bunch of tired donkeys they,ve left us with ?
Name a manager in recent times who has left the club in such a stable state finance and playingwise.
 Thanks and good luck S & H