Author Topic: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS  (Read 19544 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS
« on: March 22, 2011, 08:06:53 AM »
Gone to Grimsby. May i be the first to say thankyou for your efforts Rob & Paul.   NOTE,Your not having Pearson cheap or Churchy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:31:30 AM by faraway pilgrim »

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Echo this morning
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:32:40 AM »
If the rumours(and the Echo article)are true and S&H are to join Grimsby,then i wish them well and thank them for what they have achieved here.I will say though,the timing is awful.An official statement from the Club would be nice.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 08:39:12 AM »
Absolutely gutted.

All best Rob and Paul, you have brought us some great memories, it is a pity that you will not be here to get us back to the promised land of BSP, but all the best with the fishy people.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:43:34 AM »
If this is true then Rob and Paul would probably have known about it when asked by Scott on Saturday. The timing is crap and will leave us right in it.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:32 AM »
I wish them all the luck in the world, and thank them for all that they have done.
But the timeing is terrible and the complete denial on Saturdays interview now feels that they knew all along. I know prob for legal reasons they couldn't say anything but why completly deny? This will have a huge impact on the club and saturdays game now  :( I'm feeling totally gutted and sad  :( :( :( :(

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
If they do go:-

What a dreadful time (for Boston United) to be leaving the Club - with a good chance of getting promotion into the same league as Grimsby.
Why leave a club which has a chance of another promotion into the same league as the "poachers" (and another plus-point for their CVs) - or don't Rob and Paul think Boston United will get promotion?

Is there no loyalty these days?

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »
Be a shame if true.... Guess this means with a say goodbye to some of the players as well :(

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:17 AM »
Anybody know how well contracted our players are?

Are we going to get money for some that might get poached, Church, Pearson, etc. or are they free to leave at the end of the season/now?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »
Grimsby cannot sign them permanently now, due to the transfer window. They can, however, poach them on emergency loans.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 09:32:16 AM »
Do the contracts extend past the end of the season or could they get them on a free then?

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »
From Craig Singleton's Twitter >> "Rob Scott and Paul Hurst resign with immediate effect..."

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 09:37:35 AM »
Unless someone has signed a contact and no-one told us,i think most are out of contract at the end of the season.I fully expect Shaun Pearson to be a Grimsby player if not now,then during the summer.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 09:37:46 AM »
Most (if not all) are until the end of the season. Maybe Church is on another year, not sure.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 09:40:48 AM »
Noooo! I'm stunned and gutted. Thanks to S&H for all they have done and good luck. Any chance we could poach Nicky Law?!