Author Topic: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS  (Read 19542 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
What also sticks in my throat is RS going on the radio and moaning about two fans saying he was off to Grimsby when he obviuosly knew he was, why mention it. It was as if he wanted to have his final go at the moaners.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:49:49 PM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »
Heard David on Radio Lincolnshire and although he didnt say much the tone of his voice sugested he was very angry with the way S&H jumped ship. He really gave me the impression that he and the club had been stabbed in the back and while he acknowledged they had done an excellent job whilst at Boston it was all said through gritted teeth.
It seems many on here fear this will see the end of our our promotion bid with the affect on the players but I would say the opposite could happen, dont be too sure that all the players will miss them and I can see them comming together to prove a big point.
Will be at Solihull on Saturday and all of us that go should get right behind the lads and let them know we still believe in them.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »

Yes, the timing is terrible for us but they could hardly turn it down could they? The opportunity wouldn't have waited until the summer.

I think it would have, the job was theirs if they wanted it, they could have easily signed pre-contract agreements or whatever and made it public knowledge that they were off. I think everyone at BUFC would have accepted this and wished them well. Grimsby arent going anywhere this season, now they're just going to oversee a load of pointless games when they could have been gaining promotion with us.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2011, 04:11:13 PM »
Can,t understand the doom and gloom ,  I think Oxo may be right , this may galvanise the players to strive even more for success.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
The excellent Cod Almighty has a pretty underwhelmed view of the potential appointments;

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?page=diary/index

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
The excellent Cod Almighty has a pretty underwhelmed view of the potential appointments;

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?page=diary/index
They don't sound too over the Moon, and while I am greatful for all they have done here, you have to now wonder weather they can be trusted, twice in a week they have denied any links and today they have gone.

Seenbetter

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2011, 05:41:23 PM »
A lot of talk about Grimsby Town BUT has it been confirmed thats where they are going.
So DN said on the radio he would allow Grimsby to speak to H a S but on Boston Uniteds terms. S and H apparently rejected those terms and resigned so that talks could proceed. I assume the terms would be there to protect the immediate interests of the club. I don't think DN would stand in the way of anyone who wants to progress their careers. So I can only assume that S and H decided '*uck' the club we want out.
Like most on here I am miffed at the timing but wish them well.

optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
Part of me is wishing them good luck and hope they do well, but another part of me feels like they have stabbed us in the back, leaving while we are doing very well in the league and at a crucial time in the season with only seven games to go and looking good to make the play offs

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2011, 06:00:34 PM »
So when in breach of contract does the compensation become higher, as they most definitely are now in breach as DN makes very clear ?  I'd say screw Grimsby for every penny they can and move on.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2011, 06:01:37 PM »
I would imagine that if they cannot agree compo, they'll be put on gardening leave until their contracts expire, and not be able to take over anywhere until then...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2011, 06:15:25 PM »

Gutted absolutely Gutted to lose Scott and Hurst to where-ever they are going, Grimsby or Rotherham, I can understand if it is Rotherham, a league 2 club, But to Grimsby!!!!,  they are midway in the BSP, They are going nowhere this season, As other posts have said, they could have agreed a pre-season agreement with Grimsby, if that is their destination, If it is Rotherham they have to take the job now, Rotherham need a new manager asap,   I agree with" oxo",  all is not lost, this could motivate the team in the remaining matches,  Managers and players come and go, It is the fans who stay loyal to the end.

Heard David on Radio Lincolnshire and although he didnt say much the tone of his voice sugested he was very angry with the way S&H jumped ship. He really gave me the impression that he and the club had been stabbed in the back and while he acknowledged they had done an excellent job whilst at Boston it was all said through gritted teeth.
It seems many on here fear this will see the end of our our promotion bid with the affect on the players but I would say the opposite could happen, dont be too sure that all the players will miss them and I can see them comming together to prove a big point.
Will be at Solihull on Saturday and all of us that go should get right behind the lads and let them know we still believe in them.

madhos

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2011, 06:51:45 PM »
They did a fantastic job but a thankyou to mr newton would have been nice. Still thats rob scott for you sulky. you can be sure they will take a few players as well.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 07:51:53 PM »
How many of our players would cut it in BSP (at a team with promotion ambitions)? 
Pearson (although I'd expect him to go to L1 or L2), SWD, maybe Church, maybe Boyes.

We don't know how well the players get on with S&H (especially S?) - some players (SWD, Newsham, Sleath, Yates, Davidson) have seemed out of favour at times this season, so they might see this as a chance for more first team football?

Reading Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
To be honest I'm not surprised one bit.  I had a conversation with one of my mates about two months ago and said that I didnt expect them to be here next season, HOWEVER what I didnt expect was for them to leave us at such a critical point in the season.

The only way to look at it is, if it hadnt been Grimsby today it would have been Rotheram tomorrow.

I think that they did an excellent job for us and thank them for it, but in all honesty I think that they havent always been and never will be everyones cup of tea.  I just hope that moving forward the club appoint, at the very least, an interim manager that has the experience to get us over the line and into the play offs.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 08:58:28 PM »
A grimsby fans opinion on S&H.

hallie1970   Post subject: Re: Scott and hurst  Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:21 pm 

Posts: 21  It's a little early for April fools isn't it? This has to be a joke. Why would a club like ours (with ambitions to return to league football), appoint two mickey mouse managers over the likes of Dave Penny and other potential targets ( Jim Gannon, Ronnie Moore ).
If mickey and mouse are appointed, I believe this is the end of GTFC.
Mr Fenty and the board must be snorting illegal substances, and too much of them. My advice to them is to get into rehab, sort themselves out, then when they are well, return to GTFC, and sort it out.