Author Topic: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS  (Read 19554 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Echo this morning BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
First post since patter days!!
What I can't understand is that they have jobs outside football. Most (unlike football) require at least a months notice.

Would have hoped they could have seen the last 7 games out before going.
Also, worried we can now keep our best players to see the season out.

Hurst works for Rotherham in their Community side, and Scott works in sales. It'll be interesting to see if they do go full time with Grimsby in the short term.
Well....

Balls to the lovey dovey shite thats on here. This pair of feckless wonderboys have groomed us good n propper. Lots of nice massages and then when we least expect it, smear some grease on and  do us up the botty.

Yeah yeah, they rescued us they did this they did tha, whatever...

They have jumped ship, left us rite in it, and no doubt their next trick will be to sign anyone in the team that can kick a ball, and leave us with a bunch of three legged donkeys trying to play out to their retirmnent.

Any good that they may have done has just been wiped out.

As for grimsby, well you cant blame them for offering what must be stupid money to get S&H, you can blame S&H for taking it. 

I hope that their sucess comes to a dramatic halt and we can wave to grimsby as they drop out of the premier on their way to the unibond.

What a pair of backstabbers.

Goodbye n Good riddance.

the somewhat fuming Dazzy  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
They are the reason (along with the board) why we are going for promotion in the Blue Square Premier. Momentum should still see us through into the Play Offs.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
Dazzy - not sure what planet you are on my friend but here on Earth they have done what 99% of everyone else in life does, move onwards and upwards.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »
Rob Scott on BBC Lincs....end of this interview seems to say there's nothing in the Grimsby rumours. Good news!

http://audioboo.fm/boos/307123-boston-united-rob-scott-postmatch

So Rob tells fibs then?

YellowHills

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »
Just heard the news.

Absolute gutted but angry at the same time. There really is no loyalty in football. I know Rob and Paul have done a fantastic job at the club, and I for one thank for that because without them, we'd still be languishing in the Unibond imo. However, they're leaving with unfinished business, and that irks me so much.

They were both on the verge of possibly taking us into the Conference, a fantastic achievement no doubt. So why leave now? What kind of effect is this going to have on the club? If they care about BUFC so much, they'd have signed a pre-contract with their next club or something, and stayed on until the end of the season.

I really fear for us now, this is going to knock morale pretty badly, and as they've resigned we haven't recieved any compensation that we could use to possibly get someone else in.

Oh, and I hope they go to Rotherham if anywhere. Grimsby Town, at this stage, is definitely not a step up in my opinion.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
Rob Scott on BBC Lincs....end of this interview seems to say there's nothing in the Grimsby rumours. Good news!

http://audioboo.fm/boos/307123-boston-united-rob-scott-postmatch

So Rob tells fibs then?

It sure looks that way....

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »
Listening again the 'in all honesty' line used a few times near the start grates a tad!!!

Surely there was contact before Saturday, or maybe they were a fair way down the target list?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »
If  we appoint a new manager within the next few days then Mr Scotts integrity will be in tact because that will probably mean that D&N knew all about the resignation, if not then his integrity must be questioned. I can't remember Paul ever being questioned on the matter (I might be wrong) maybe he told Scott not to broach the subject so he didn't have to compromise himself. I don't blame anyone for wanting to better themselves but a bit of honesty woudln't go amiss. Can't imagine Grimsby would have had a secrecy clause for gods sake we aren't talking about the Barclays Premier league here.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2011, 02:20:46 PM »
BBC Lincolnshire Sport According to chairman David Newton the Pilgrims were prepared to let them go 'on our terms' - but when those terms were rejected Boston turned down Grimsby's approach so they resigned.

This was from radio lincs page on facebook. About 30 mins ago.

A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

ExBostonian

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »
If that's true, they've shown no respect for the chairman at all.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 02:57:09 PM »
Listening again the 'in all honesty' line used a few times near the start grates a tad!!!

Surely there was contact before Saturday, or maybe they were a fair way down the target list?
I've heard that Gary Brabin, Justin Edinburgh, Steve Burr and Mark Cooper have all said no...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

dazzybabie

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 03:00:02 PM »

See. My point in case. They knew they were going, they could have been honest.

Yes we are in a better position than we were, but now were in a shitty poition. no manager right when we need one. panic buying could land us with a nutter (much like myself) and before we know it, everything the lads have worked for will be lost mid table. Then wave bye bye as they all scuttle to Grimsby - and lets face it its not like Shite & Head havnt got history of dragging along their mates with them, they did it hear.

I have sung their praises like everyone else on here, but they have stitched us up propper now, and their was no need. Yeah Grimsby is offering top dollar and they have gone like we all would. But come end of season they would have been worth even more and could have gone after leaving Boston well up.

They have made a selfish selfcentred decision to run for the money. Lets hope their kneecaps fall off in the near future.

As for the planet im on, same one as the rest of you, im just looking through different spectacles.

Grrrr

Dazzy

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
Not really, my comment was to show there 'could' have been truth in the statement given.  We just don't know and will probably never know, everything else is just speculation.

Monty

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
If that's true, they've shown no respect for the chairman at all.

Exactly - I am glad they have gone! At least we have the loyal Chestnuts.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
Im gutted they're gone, had they got us promoted and finished what they started they would have been club legends. Now they're just two good managers who ran for the money. Why oh why not wait until the season was over, promotion or not, then move on to Grimsby with the best wishes of everyone here.

I dont hate them, im just really dissapointed in them.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
A lot of rubbish being written here. Grimsby not a step up? Get real! They're a division above and in terms of history, fan base, potential etc they are leagues ahead.

Honesty? Integrity? Scott and Hurst could hardly tell the world on Saturday if nothing had been agreed between the clubs at that stage, which it obviously hadn't and never was or else they wouldn't have resigned.

Yes, the timing is terrible for us but they could hardly turn it down could they? The opportunity wouldn't have waited until the summer.

The best we can do now is get behind the new man/men and hope they can keep us in the play-offs. Anything can happen once we get there....