Author Topic: Scott and Hurst.......... I'm bored!  (Read 5345 times)

Monty

Scott and Hurst.......... I'm bored!
« on: March 21, 2011, 11:21:50 PM »
Either you are with us till the end of this Season {at least} or you're touting for other managerial vacancies???
Maybe Scott Dalton can ask this question and end all this continuous speculation as its getting boring now being linked with every club!
The Boston fans deserve a little stability and loyalty.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Scott and Hurst.......... I'm bored!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »
You seem very disgruntled i must say Monty

S/H have got my backing 100% and if worse comes to worse and they do end up moving they'll go with my respect for what they've done here, although yes i'd be gutted

Monty

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:42:08 PM »
Not disgruntled but just want a clear run in without distractions til the end of the season, they both are great and the majority of Boston fans love them and in return a little clarity would be much appreciated, are we all in this together?

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:08:33 AM »
Well said Monty, I'm 100% behind them and N&K. When they do move on to bigger and better things i'll wish them luck. For now though, all fans should be supporting them, N&K and the lads to get us as high up the football ladder as we can.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:28:10 AM »
All these rumours and unsettling will do us no good for the run in. If [\b] they do leave we better hope it's a long long way up the pyramid with their track record of retaining their own players.

But let's keep it all to one thread and to a minimum as this is something we don't want snowballing.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 07:34:20 AM »
If there was no truth in the rumours, the easiest thing would be to come out and say that.  The fact that no one from the club has said this suggests there is something going on.

I think we all expected S&H to move on in the summer anyway - although we'd obviously like them to stay longer, we can't expect them to hold back their careers for our sake!  Whenever they leave, I'd like to thank them for reviving the club, giving us some very good times and leaving us in a much better position than when they arrived.  

When they need to, hopefully N&K can find us another manager who can continue the progress.

LCB - with that in mind, I'd rather it was Rotherham than Grimsby - can't see any of our players bar Pearson being good enough for League 2.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
But on Saturday Scott did say he has had no contact from Grimsby and is focused on Boston

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:18:08 AM »
Steady on fellas!

First up at every chance they are questioned about this subject they have said its nothing and they are committed to Boston.

Second 'the club have not said anything' is daft, this clearly kicked off late yesterday and we are now talking about it during the night and first thing this morning so no time for any response to be discussed let alone agreed and then published.

Loyalty is a two way street and if they don't have an agreed deal for next year (as by the sounds of it they want a commitment for FT football) then they don't feel we match their ambitions.  If - big IF - that is the case and they go then fair play, well done and thanks for the fantastic work done in the time here.

I'd take this situation over having a 'name' who is dragging us nowhere with a wage bill out of control....

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »
RS said on Saturday that there had been no contact between himself and GT,not even this so called interview that was supposed to have happened last week.GT website said that interviews were held early last week and the club was then making it's mind up as to who to appoint,so if RS had not been interviewed by the end of the interview session how could he suddenly get the job on Monday??

Regarding the FT issue,Scott mentioned this at the end of the game,he said although talks on a new contract were on hold it was because of no knowing which league we could be in next season,IF we go up then the FT issue would need to be addressed and the budget changed accordingly,no point in going full time if still in BSBN is there??

At the moment it is all speculation but I wish someone,either RS or DN would come out and tell us the truth rather than everyone scanning the internet for latest news...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 09:36:54 AM »
RS and PH have just resigned.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »
What a stupid time of the season to go....... Why go to a club just a few places above us and think we can now say goodbye to promotion this season with the effect this will have on the team......

Bob Lee

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 11:33:35 AM »
First I would like to say well done and thankyou to Scott and Hurst.  The fact we are worried about the effect their resignation has on the club means they have done a good job.

I myself am not worried about the timing, we were going to struggle to get anything from the remaining away games anyway.

This is a perfect time for whoever steers the ship, they will be under no pressure.  Any kind of result from these matches will be a bonus, and would have been if S&H were in charge.

Let's get behind the team, and I mean EVERY player.

Looking at the posts it is all doom and gloom, this is the start of another chapter in our glorious club.

The powers that be will see us alright, N&K it is down to you, whatever decision you make I am sure will be the right one.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 11:43:50 AM »
I couldn't express it better myself Bob!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »
Well put BOB ,  people must not delude themselves by saying Grimsby "are only a few places higher"  .  They have the potential to go on to the FL1 .   
 The postings on Patter today shows what a great appointment Chestnuts made with S & H . They will be an hard act to follow .   
 On the plus side the moaners who got up Scottys back will now be able to moan the owners should never let them go.
  Many thanks to Rob and Paul and good luck .

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:30 PM »
Presumably the Grimsby job is full time, so regardless of league position it's a step forwards - good luck to Rob and Paul, except when our paths cross again in future.

It's all very well saying it's bad timing and they should wait, but we're now in the same boat that Grimsby were - we want a new manager asap, and if you wait until the close season that will leave you short of time to plan/recruit players for the new season.  Can't blame them for the timing.

Don't agree that they should have agreed to stay for now and leave in summer - can anyone focus properly on their job knowing that they are going to change jobs next month?  And how would the players have responded to that? 

We've changed managers before and the world does not end - just hope we can get this sorted before the end of the season so we can build properly for next season, whatever division we are in.