Author Topic: Boston United v Harrogate Town  (Read 9323 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Boston United v Harrogate Town
« on: March 19, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
For those not at the game:

Live commentary: www.endeavouronline.net
Live text updates: www.unitedlive.co.uk
Harrogate Town forum
Mobile updates: www.endeavouronline.net/bufc

Boston United are completely unchanged from the game of the century on Tuesday.
Edit: With the excpetion of the goalkeeper. Ricky Drury replaces Dan Haystead in goal, as the latter has twisted his ankle.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:42:37 PM by Patrick »

Patrick

• View Profile
Re: Boston United v Harrogate Town
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Boston United 0-1 Harrogate Town

Adam Nowakowski (30)

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »
Boston United 0-2 Harrogate Town

Richard Marshall (37)

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 04:27:48 PM »
Boston United 1-2 Harrogate Town

Spencer Weir-Daley (66 minutes)

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »
FT: Boston United 2-2 Harrogate Town

94th minute equaliser from Spencer Weir-Daley.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 05:14:54 PM »
With Nuneaton and Alfreton losing have we gone top?

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »
No telford won

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 05:55:38 PM »
A couple of pics. More to follow as I head home on the train.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »
Well what can i say about today's game. From being very good on Tuesday, to being not so good today.
We finished Tuesday playing football on the floor and i had hoped that we would have continued in the same vain.
Did we, no, we hoofed it in the air and hoped. We hoped someone would get on the end and do something. Someone did do something, their defenders won just about every ball and headed it straight back!
First half is one i'd sooner forget, second half a little better, then SWD came on. Not that he changed the game in an instant, because he didn't.  Was it a bit of self belief, the prospect of getting a severe bollocking off Mr Scott, who knows.
All i do know is we were very lucky today.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
We started well then they scored twice from two moments of bad defending. Once they went 2 nil up they did quite a bit of time wasting but the ref waited until the 90th minute to book them for time wasting. A bit of quality from SWD was what we needed when he came on, should be the first name on the team sheet every week.

Their captain was the only player in their team who stood out, beating Boyes in the air almost every time. But overall they looked a very average side.

The keeper wasn't really to blame for either goal but he didn't seem to confident through the match, was hesitant at times to come off his line and wanted to play the short ball to a defender to kick the ball long when he could done it himself. I don't think he made a save all match though!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 06:53:39 PM »
Rob called their style of play agricultural,that is polite lol

They reminded me of a rugby team,always looking for touch in the corners to put pressure on the back five..

Who were the two idiots Rob mentioned who,as he walked off,shouted no wonder you are off to Grimsby  ::) Where do these idiots come from??

Jakemans stand had moaners saying that Newsh is not good enough for this league and DD should have been on from the start,they need reminding who got us out of trouble a few weeks back,while another one was shouting at a steward cos he had driven 45 miles to see the game and it was terrible  ::)

Ok,so we looked off the pace a lot and the first touch was clumsy but Harrogate (with their time wasting keeper) were there for the taking if we could have just started playing our football instead of playing the ball to where there back four wanted it (in the air).. They only had two shots in the first half and both went in..

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »
I'm happy with the way we kept going untill the end (although we didn't really play like we can), but i do think in fairness it will be classed as 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained

hopefully we won't give many more teams a 2 goal lead then decide to score a few, cos if we do we'll get caught out one of these times

anyway Solihull next, i expect another tough game

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 06:59:03 PM »
They did the homework, Nowt to do with us hoofing it etc as most would like to say. Boston havnt got a answer to teams that dont give you a second on the ball, A few teams have worked that out and they was one of them.

Would the people who say today all boston did was hoof the ball please tell me what they would do if a ball came flying towards you but there players was comming at you just as fast.

A. Take the ball down get robbed by there player.

B. Aim towards a player and hope for the best. ( Before you answer please consider why these players are in BSN and not the prem)

Answers on a post card please.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »
I didn't say ALL we did was hoof the ball,I know they didn't give us time on the ball,but playing it down the line (as in the second goal) would have been the better option as their right and left back were slower and smaller than the two centre halves.. I know they were in our faces very quickly and closed down well winning nearly all the second balls and the old saying of "you can only play as well as the opposition lets you" was true today..

A good battling performance for the draw and shows that this time fights til the final whistle which is no bad thing and with other teams slipping up keeps us well in the promotion/play off race....

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 07:31:14 PM »
The keeper wasn't really to blame for either goal but he didn't seem to confident through the match, was hesitant at times to come off his line and wanted to play the short ball to a defender to kick the ball long when he could done it himself. I don't think he made a save all match though!

Couldn't disagree more. I think he played a very intelligent game, making sure the ball was played directly to a player as often as he could.

Rather thean the normal "hoofing it upfield as hard as he can" approach that most keepers play, it was refreshing to see a keeper trying to start an attack from the backline. Their Bon Jovi-esque number 5 won everything in the air, Ricky spotted that and tried to do something about it.

One of the best debuts I've seen in a long, long time. Well done Ricky!