Author Topic: Anthony Church  (Read 7251 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
Anthony Church
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:06:35 AM »
Only 485 watching last night but what do we think of Church (number 4 last night).

I know it's very early and that was only 90mins on a warm July evening but......I thought he was class.

Last time I saw a player in a BUFC shirt that stood out like that for me I was watching a reserve match and the player in question was...........David Norris.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Church
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »
Where did Church play last year?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:53:49 AM »
yes looked good to me too

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 12:08:22 PM »
Looks like another good signing.Well thought of by the Ilkeston fans judging from comments on their forum.

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »
So many good players !!!
Milly, Camm & Churchy 3 solid middle of the middle players!

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
Sleath and Church are by far the best midfield pairing in the league. I saw alot of them last year and they made this league look like park football! Very close friends who both play for England Universitys and can easily play at a higher level. Be ready fellow BUFC supporters - big things are going to happen this year!!

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 12:49:30 PM »
Sleath a centre midfielder?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 12:52:07 PM »
He can play central or out wide...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 01:33:24 PM »
Thats right - Sleath can play central or out wide. In my opinion he is better in the middle then down the left but I'm not the one picking the team. Min 10 goals in him which isn't a bad return for a midfielder. Church is the brave man who puts himself about powerful, strong and good in the air. His distribution has quality in it - Ilkeston were absolutely gutted to lose him - roll on the season.

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 07:46:01 PM »
must agree a very determined and class player the only worry for me is i think he will pick up a lot of silly bookings for argueing with the ref or opposition players

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
Must agree with Deano. Church looks a quality player but I worry about his behaviour. Three match ban for violent play to start the season. Lucky not to get a booking in the Mac. game when the ref missed an incident off the ball. Cammy whisked him away quick to save a problem. Silly booking at the weekend apparently. We need him on the pitch not warming the seats in the stand serving bans.
Midfield looking a lot better now.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 08:00:41 AM »
Must agree with Deano. Church looks a quality player but I worry about his behaviour. Three match ban for violent play to start the season. Lucky not to get a booking in the Mac. game when the ref missed an incident off the ball. Cammy whisked him away quick to save a problem. Silly booking at the weekend apparently. We need him on the pitch not warming the seats in the stand serving bans.
Midfield looking a lot better now.

Chill out, the Unithump ref's won't see a thing, it'll be ok come the blood and thunder of the league games.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BU on the up

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »
Church will be fine. He's a feisty player yes, but this league is so physical you need someone who is going to put it up the opposition or you won't last 2 minutes! He will pick up bookings but name me one defensive midfielder who goes a whole season without picking up numerous yellow cards?! He's only 21 too (although the website says otherwise) so he is still learning. Midfield has quality sprinkled all over it now as does the whole side - bring on FC United and the rest of the league!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:37:32 AM by BU on the up »