Author Topic: tonights game  (Read 11713 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: tonights game
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 07:41:45 AM »
fanbloodytastic! That just made my season! The best bit is when the negative folk at half time say that we won't get anything from the game and they are far better than us, get told 'it told you so'  :P The best atmosphire I have ever seen the whole place was rocking, and the townenders were fantastic!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was one of them, we played well in the first but they just looked like they wasnt going to be beaten, oh joy i was so happy to be proved wrong :)

ChesterfieldPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 08:26:50 AM »
I have to confess to last night being my first home match this season, but the four hour round trip on a foggy Tuesday night was well worth it.

Brilliant atmosphere. Whole ground rocking, it was excellent. What a credit to the team and the managers to come out at half time and turn it round like that. Great spirit from the teams and the fans that should sustain us to the end of the season.

Come on you Yellows!

dazzybabie

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 08:48:37 AM »
What a match!  Went out for the fag at half time to hear the mutterings of we may as well go home now etc etc etc.

"nd half was brill, missed the first goal co i went for a piss.

2nd and 3rd was brill. Ref didnt seem too bad. we were lucky not to give a peno away, and luckluily a creamer bounced off the post towards the end.

Had to laugh at their number 2 i think, giving the crowd some gob on his way off, and DC walking off shaking his head.

Fab nite!!!

Daz

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
What sort of reception did Daryl get?

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 10:21:51 AM »
Brilliant game, great support from all four sides of the game, and perfect result,well done BUFC. Got to disagree with some points though.Alfreton were not just route one and played some quality football, and were up for it from the start. Dont think they bullied but were just more up for it first half and won more 50/50 balls.

Second half for twenty we were route one, and Boyes didnt get hardly a sniff in the air.

However we get going and got our just rewards with three well taken goals, many more performances like that will add a couple of hundred to the gate, good to see both teams having a go, great night.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
I have to say that at half time i thought we were dead and buried, but i also think the Alfreton players also thought the same and came out in the second half a bit too cocky for my liking.

What a comeback though! Just shows the spirit and mental toughness in our squad is there in abundance.

As for Daryl Clare, he got a decent enough reception until the match was well underway where he got some stick in the second half, all light hearted banter though.

All in all a really enjoyable night of football with a great atmosphere where everyone really got behind the team, i see sleathy has said the crowd really helped spur them on, it really can make a difference!
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »
As you know Kim I have been critical of Sleathy for a while but last night he restored my faith.
I dont want to single anyone out really as the effort and skill when we started getting the ball down and playing through them in the second half was wonderful.
Well done to the townenders for the great support when we looked as though we would crumble, and to everyone else all round the ground during a fantastic second half.
A game that will surely stay in our memories and one that proves we have every chance of promotion.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 05:48:21 PM »
Well where do you begin after last nights incredible display from the Pilgrims. Whatever I write, it simply won't do it justice. 

In the first half Alfreton showed that bit more quality and skill on the ball. That said, I don't think we were outclassed in any respect. My fear was in second half, they'd come out and build upon their lead. I'm not sure whether it was arrogance or just the feeling that the Alfreton players thought they'd won game, with 45 mins to play. Our lads showed they have determination and passion in abundance.

Obviously Alfreton have spent significantly more on players than ourselves, but one thing you can't buy is a player with tenacity and courage to continue playing refusing to accept defeat. Every player deserves to be applauded for stepping up to the challenge and not hiding last night. I'm sure other teams in our situation, at two nil down, would of resigned to a defeat. Last nights brilliant performance highlights our players strength of character and resolution.

Over both games, we've given them an education in how to play football and how to support your team. The support afforded to the players was fantastic.

Well done to the managers and all of the players. We’re extremely proud of you for what you’ve achieved. Long may your success contunue.

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
I was another who thought we were finished at half time but brilliant second half. Workrate was so much higher and we deserved the win. Alf are a good side and will likely win the league but we arent far behind them.