Author Topic: History Help!  (Read 2916 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
History Help!
« on: March 12, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »
I'm doing my last few write ups on Boston United managers for the match programmes and I'm hoping to add Keith Jobling and Howard Wilkinson. However, there's a gap in my records and I haven't got the details of the changeover from Jobling to Wilkinson. So has anyone got a good memory or a better collection of old programmes than me!

I know Jobling was still manager in January 1975 as he's still down as Manager in the match programme for the Morecambe game on 25th January. Howard Wilkinson was definitely manager for the start of the next season. So was Jobling replaced before the end of the season or did he stay on all the way to the end?

Any help is greatly appreciated as it will help me get the statistics right.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:57:35 PM by Ken Fox »

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: History Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:39:01 AM »
Keith was still manager for the FA Trophy game v Scarborough on the 1st of Feb and presumably the replay too which we lost. The Fleetwood programme for the 8th mentions printing deadlines and so the replay result wasn't noted but Keith was still listed as manager.

However, 7 days later on the 15th its Wilko's name in the managers column but no mention of any managerial shake up. Its my guess he left after the Scarborough defeat had effectively ended the season.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
Brilliant, many thanks. I'll be able to get those two written up now.

Just one more to do - a certain loud mouthed, overweight, Scotsman. No problem with the statistics - he's not even in the top 15 in terms of % games won, but my words might get censored a tad!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »
Surely rather than giving that bastard any exposure you can highlight a few of the caretaker managers we've had or even a few of the assistants? What about various trainers, characters like Don Robinson?

Most people want to say goodbye to bad rubbish as far as Evans and his cronies are concerned, does the club programme really want to be smeared with that toxic waste of space?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »
Do wish you wouldn't sit on the fence Andy and say what you think  ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »
Surely rather than giving that bastard any exposure you can highlight a few of the caretaker managers we've had or even a few of the assistants? What about various trainers, characters like Don Robinson?

Most people want to say goodbye to bad rubbish as far as Evans and his cronies are concerned, does the club programme really want to be smeared with that toxic waste of space?
Forget your past, and you may be doomed to relive. Unfortunately, you cannot ignore him.

Maybe a run through of all the players he signed, and pick a few and go for a 'Where are they now?' feature? From David Norris at Ipswich, to Nick Conroy at Peterborough Northern Star...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
Not enough space in one programme Pilgrim 86 to list all the players that passed through the cheats revolving door .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »
About time the club removed the Fraudster from the photo in the VIP lounge aswell!