Author Topic: Boston V Gloucester Photos - UPDATE! - Flickr  (Read 2731 times)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
Boston V Gloucester Photos - UPDATE! - Flickr
« on: March 14, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
Good evening,

It appears that my host for my photos has gone bust (fotopic.net) so I am unable to put the photos up in the normal place for you. I am currently looking for an alternative, but unfortunatly I paid up front for the service and do not have any more money in my budget for alternative hosting at this point in time. I will temporarily be putting my photos up a a Flickr site until I can sort a better replacement out.

The full set from the game is now up at:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/bufc/sets/72157626267766636/

Please comment and share the link :)

Future updates can be found at :- www.flickr.com/photos/bufc/sets

Thanks

David

tigerroar

• View Profile
Re: Boston V Gloucester Photos - UPDATE! - Flickr
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:30:52 PM »
Nice one!

There are a few in there that I'd be well chuffed with too. Like the one of young Taff yawning :)

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:07:35 AM »
Just been on the Alfreton site and see that their official gallery was also hosted through fotopic and not accessible. Their photographer has also gone with Flicker for the moment. There are some pix of Alfreton v Corby with plenty of shots of Butch in goal! Must admit that the photos are not up to the Shippy standard!!!

Fotopic seem to have a bit of an unstable background having gone down before and in May 2008, Fotopic.net was acquired by Snappy Designs Ltd which in turn is owned by ANY-Web Group.

The original creators of fotopic are currently developing a new site www.pikfu.com but I don't know how good or developed it is but might be worth a look.

As far as I can see nobody seems to know what is going on at the moment with the fotopic site being down but there seems to be no official confirmation of the owning company going bust. Hope, for your sake, that it does come back on line at some point.

I feel sorry for those photographers who have 75000+ images stored on their servers.

By the way - some great shots v Gloucester. I suppose you had to use long exposures to capture the Gloucester time wasting tactics and a very high speed to capture any Gloucester football action!!!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 12:11:26 AM by Bunyan »

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
Just been on the Alfreton site and see that their official gallery was also hosted through fotopic and not accessible. Their photographer has also gone with Flicker for the moment. There are some pix of Alfreton v Corby with plenty of shots of Butch in goal! Must admit that the photos are not up to the Shippy standard!!!

Fotopic seem to have a bit of an unstable background having gone down before and in May 2008, Fotopic.net was acquired by Snappy Designs Ltd which in turn is owned by ANY-Web Group.

The original creators of fotopic are currently developing a new site www.pikfu.com but I don't know how good or developed it is but might be worth a look.

As far as I can see nobody seems to know what is going on at the moment with the fotopic site being down but there seems to be no official confirmation of the owning company going bust. Hope, for your sake, that it does come back on line at some point.

I feel sorry for those photographers who have 75000+ images stored on their servers.

By the way - some great shots v Gloucester. I suppose you had to use long exposures to capture the Gloucester time wasting tactics and a very high speed to capture any Gloucester football action!!!!

Yeah fotopic has been going down hill for sometime, just feel it is the best/simplest gallery set. Have applied to be in the next stage of the Pikfu beta so will see if anything comes of that. Them poor buggers with many thousands on there.... one photographer I know had 150,000+..... all gone now!

Certainly was a case of long exposures where their goal keeper was concerned! Even when he had to run back from the corner!

As for the "shippy" standard.... well personally my photos ar nothing special in the grand scheme of things but thank you for the kind comments :)

Just looking forward to the last few games now!