Author Topic: Bad news for the Tigers!  (Read 2202 times)

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
Bad news for the Tigers!
« on: February 22, 2011, 03:28:57 PM »
Some of you asked me to keep you informed on our ground situation. Well it's not good news! The appeal against the rejection of planning permission for a major development creating 1000 jobs and including land for our proposed new stadium has been heard and it upheld the original decision.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/news/local-news/vesuvius_decision_now_in_1_3103386

Bit of a sickener for us!!

Ps Good luck tonight!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news for the Tigers!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
Sorry about that FT ,    is there a plan B ?

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
Sorry about that FT ,    is there a plan B ?

Plan B involves a bottle of scotch for me tonight!!

Seriously, I don't know. The club will have to sit down look at the options. If my understanding is correct the development was turned down due to the commercial impact it would have on the town centre by building an ASDA superstore and other retail outlets on the site, not anything to do with the proposed new ground. The developers may be prepared to sell/lease some of the land for us to build the new stadium? At this stage we don't know what the developers plans are.

The club may have started looking for other potential sites around town? I don't know if going back to Sandy Lane in the short term is an option. I have heard a lot of work would need to be done on the ground to get it back up to standard. I imagine the cost of renting it off Howard Raymond has just increased as well as a result of this ruling!

We are still waiting for an official statement from the club about it

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »
That's  a shame.  Hope something turns up for you.