Author Topic: End of season run in  (Read 3467 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
End of season run in
« on: February 20, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »
With Solihull Moors coming to boston on tuesday if they beat us and win the other two games in hand they will overtake us (even though i think we'll win). After that i think we can beat Stafford away, Droylesden, And we gotta beat Gloucester. After that Alfreton though game there but they will be in the middle of their crazy run if they ever play again. Then we have to play three teams around us 4 if u count Blyth so i think the playoffs are ours. U gotta keep he faith

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: End of season run in
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:12:44 AM »
so you think we will beat droylesden and solihul, mmmhh. those two teams are the inform sides of the league. when we lost to droylesden they ripped us to bits. if they win thier games in hand they'll be way in front of us.
if we win our next 4 games we'll be talking league titles. if we only get 4points from them, we'll be finishing our season at the end of april.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »
Ill be happy with a draw, dont lose and they dont get no closer to us. Title is just a fantasy. If it happeneds RS and PH want to be managing in league one next term let alone us

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 06:19:05 PM »
I think we can win not the league i mean solihull without a doubt and if Droylesden are so good how come they are still nowhere

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 07:01:01 PM »
droylsden do have 5 games in hand and lost less than us. but because they have so many games left in such a short space of time will hopefully work in our favour. 64 points got them a play-off place last season but i think at least 70 will be needed this year. another 7 wins for us. do-able???????
i think so.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 07:45:21 PM »
Myself i feel that this seaosn could pan out very much like last season, with us being seen as the underdogs and at the same looking over our sholdours, we seemed to thrive onit last season

The key i feel is we have Solihull to play twice and Droylsden here  if we can get 7 points out of those games, then do a job on the likes of Blyth, Gloucester, Hyde we'll get play-offs

Also we have only 4 more away games have loads of home games, which i think if we can get a run going together is going to be a big boost for us, but on the other hand it could work the other way in the sense of that we'll drop a few points and some people will get restless telling the players they're s**t etc which could lead us into a vicious circle

Now i don't think we will win the league but i wouldn't write us off totally we have games in hand on Nuneaton aswell as still having to play them abiliet it is away but still its winnable, if we are going to make a challenge for the leauge then obviously the games against Telford Alfreton and Nuneaton are going to be key

Realistically if we're going to go up its going to be via play-offs but with the likes of Alfreton and Guelesy still having to play a shed load of games i feel it will catch up with them sooner or later, they might drop enough points to give us half a chance of nicking the league title

its not going to be easy but 1 thing i am sure of we'll give it a right good go, wheather that be a title push or cementing a PO spot

Have BELIEF ! who honestly thought this time last season we would go up? it was all still if buts and maybes in all honest

Onwards & Upwards !
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:15:02 PM by BUFC ♥ »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »
It's difficult not to look down the fixture list and say we'll win that one, lose that one etc. All games are winnable but equally losable (is that even a word?) that's what makes football the great game it is, how the form book can be ripped up. I know it's a cliche but let's take one game at a time and just concentrate on beating Moors (or at least not losing to them).

Edit: I would say though that the 2 games against Solihull and the homes against Droylesden and Blyth look like they could be key to our season.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:20:33 PM by woad_pilgrim »