Author Topic: Tonights match.  (Read 13612 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
Re: Tonights match.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
he has only been on the pitch for a matter of five minutes and gets sent off for probably something stupid knowing Davidson, why do it really?

That's a classic: you weren't even there and you're condemning the guy!

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »
Danny was in my opinion wrongly sent off by an awful ref who was intimidated by the crowd and the opposition manager who ran the game from the sideline! ...but you can't raise your hands, mind you he was kneeling at the time!

Left back Mark Robinson looked a good left back who used the ball really well, unfortunately could be out now though for a couple of weeks after receiving a really bad cut to his ankle! ...it doesn't rain unless it pours does it.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 09:43:03 AM »
They worked on our weakness - pace. Pearson and Canners couldn't handle Marsh in the first half.

Lack of communication between Pearson and Haystead gifted them the lead, and the 3rd saw us off.

We actually looked more of a threat with ten man, as it forced us to play football and use the channels. SWD should've scored, and had it gone in they may have buckled.

We need to avoid defeat at Workington, otherwise we are in danger of dropping too many points...

Regarding DD - I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong, and how their player avoided a red card for kicking him twice whilst DD was on the floor?

Undecided on the 2 new players - Robinson seemed to want to launch it from left back everytime, rather than working with the winger like Jelleyman does.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:44:43 AM by Pilgrim86 »

einy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »
According to the Staly score centre DD had already been subbed 6 mins before the red card and it was one of the subs who was carded.

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
The President. If you go back and read the DD/MS debate you will find that MS wanted first team football and thats why he went, not because he wanted to . Im sure if he had been given the chance to do that at Boston he would have jumped at it. Instead we are lumbered with DD by most people not fit to clean MS boots

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 01:13:38 PM »
To sum up the DD & MS debate , last season I recall then being rotated on a fairly regular basis and neither managed to nail a automatic start .    On the terraces I think about 33% of the fans are like me and cannot make up their mind , 33% prefer Danny and about the same for Mikel . Who would want to be a football manager (apart from Brian Little ) !

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
Blimey Gus, we can't have that!

Don't you know you can't criticize BUFC any more?

Remember, we were unlucky tonight, we don't want to go upsetting anyone by saying we're playing pony at the moment and look in need of some inspiration all over the park!

If we're not careful, what was, until the bad weather came a superb season is in danger of going very sour on us.  
Thing is there's 2 types of people, negative and positive or glass half full and glass half empty if you like. You definitely sit in the glass half empty section. This is an open forum and if you are going to say things that people don't agree with they will tell you and give their reasons. That's what a debate is all about it's not about "not being allowed to criticize" as if there's some sort of conspiracy.

I remember your good self saying towards the end of last season that you hoped we wouldn't go up as you thought that the players we had would be fighting a relegation battle this season in a higher league which would harm the clubs revival. Since then they have played far better than most expected and put in another play-off challenge, these are the same players that are now taking a bit of stick that have got us in this position as you have rightly said.

As for last night, our lack of pace was exposed by Marsh's pace and a simple long ball over the top. It's the defence where our issues lie as they are nothing like as tight as they where and this is what our earlier season form was based on. Going forward we are not creating a great deal but I don't think this has changed drastically, it's 1-0 wins and 0-0 draws that are now becoming 3-1 and 2-0 defeats. Yes we need to be more creative but we have needed to be from the start of the season IMO.

Hopefully the mangers will turn it round but personally I don't see as there's anything to be gained from calling players a donkey, it's just going to knock their confidence and is hardly constructive is it?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »
Apparently Robinson cut his foot open in the very first minute

Seenbetter

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 04:10:34 PM »
We are now in danger of being overtaken by Solihull and Droylsdon so must get back into winning ways. The snow and ice has gone but we seem stuck on a slippery slope. How do we get off it ?
I'm glad I'm not the person(s) responsible for sorting it out but I wouldn't slag 'em off. I think we should be supporting them because they have a real problem. I do believe the attacking options need a serious review. It's no good having 2 or 3 players who run around like rabbits but don't achieve anything. One suggestion I do have is more shooting practice.

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:04 PM »
I thought it was quite ominous on 'United Live' last night that Newsham was only mentioned about twice - once when Craig listed the starting XI and the other when he confirmed who was up front when we had changed to 4-3-2 having gone down to 10 men.

Did he actually contribute anything of note during the game?

The Purple Shirt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »
Apparently Robinson cut his foot open in the very first minute

Im not surprised, there was some crunching tackles going in from the off.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 01:09:35 PM »
Seeingbetter - interesting that you mention shooting practice.  Our managers were both defenders and it's often the case that teams managed by defenders are strong defensively.  Maybe we need someone to help the forwards, give them some new ideas and generally work on our attacking play?  (Not criticising the managers, as I think they've done a great job - this is their first rocky patch in nearly 2 years)
As we have so many young players, an experienced head to offer some advice might be useful - don't know if Cookie has much involvement with the first team, but as someone who played at a higher level than BSN for most of his career, could he help out the forwards with some advice and ideas?

Senny - Newsham can't be match fit so no surprise if he struggled on Tuesday.  When did he last get on the pitch, never mind start a game?  He scored a lot of his goals last season coming in from the left, yet has hardly been given a chance this season in that position - has hardly been given a chance at all after his early injury.  Is he still struggling with the injury, or do the managers just feel he's not up to it in BSN?  I'd like to see him given a run in the team as I think he will still score goals at this level. 

I thought Hunter might be the next to go to make way for new signings, but I fear it could be Newy.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
Seeingbetter - interesting that you mention shooting practice.  Our managers were both defenders and it's often the case that teams managed by defenders are strong defensively.  Maybe we need someone to help the forwards, give them some new ideas and generally work on our attacking play?  (Not criticising the managers, as I think they've done a great job - this is their first rocky patch in nearly 2 years)
As we have so many young players, an experienced head to offer some advice might be useful - don't know if Cookie has much involvement with the first team, but as someone who played at a higher level than BSN for most of his career, could he help out the forwards with some advice and ideas?
Isn't Mickey Nuttall coaching the under 15's? I'd guess he could do the job your talking about  ???

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011, 09:55:03 PM »
Isn't Mickey Nuttall coaching the under 15's? I'd guess he could do the job your talking about  ???
Get him playing ;D