Author Topic: Todays game.  (Read 11749 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Todays game.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 08:38:08 PM »
According to Scotty Jellyman was injured , sounds to be douldful for Tuesday night.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 08:38:28 PM »
Sympthys to sleath as he actually had a good game, but the penalty was poor.

miles hunter looked dangerous when he came on but when we needed a goal davidson for boyes was a poor choice.

heads up and ready for the next game.

Robbo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 09:09:50 PM »
heads up and ready for the next game.

Attitude description - exactly right, same as S***boro on Tue after Worcester the Sat before, another decent turnout on Tue + the two subsequent away trips, inc Worky 4 hour special on Sat, but will still manage more than the 94 we saw today, when we go to Telford...

Safety Group and the Town End, you're having a laugh!  Could have told you that afer several trips to the old Bucks Head in the 80s and 90s that they have no fans, but can't have the BUFC fans having a good time creating a bit of atmos can we!?  SAFETY and NOT ENJOYING OURSELVES FIRST!!!

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
Knee jerk reaction but entirely in keeping with todays health and safety crazy society.......don't go blaming the club though, blame the faceless men in suits on these 'safety advisory groups'. Anyone worth his salt knew Telford would bring 150 tops today, if it had been a play off then yes there'd have been more but that was a brainless decision today to give them the town end. Their away support, whilst decent for this level, is no better than ours but could you see any club giving up their best facilities for us?

Disagree about atmosphere though, just lately its been flatter than a witches tit down the lane........mind you, the football's been nothing to write home about has it?

Phew, I'm off for a lie down now, supporting the town enders, whatever next?!!!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
Just listened to Rob Scott's interview and think all his comments are spot on today...
http://audioboo.fm/boos/276797-boston-united-rob-scott-postmatch

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
I thought overall 1-1 would of been a fair reflection on both sides. On another day we would of bagged the peno and we'd all be very content with a point from a promtion rival. We matched them well in the first half, but created very little opportunities on goal. Our inability to create chances in front of goal is going to hurt us I believe, if we're going to continue to aim for a play off spot. At some points in the second half we lacked decisive and quick dicision making and invited them to take the ball off of us. Both defences were very strong and neither teams had many clear cut chances. I would of liked to see us get into their area a little more and actually look capable of scoring, so many attacks filtered into nothingness. There was some decent passing and build up play without a doubt, but games aren't won with possession alone. Telford barely ventured into our box in the second half. I really thought the momentum was with us to persue an equaliser but we couldn't make all our time on the ball work for us. We look a solid unit at the back and in midfield, I think up front is where we could improve. Maybe with a few of the squad moving on, this might free up some funds for a proven goal scorer we're crying out for.
I do think we looked pretty evenly balanced with Telford, a fellow promtion team and that's a good thing obviously to take out of the game. We certainly didn't look out of place playing them and held our own, especially in the 1st half.
1 or 2 decent additions will boost our hopes for play offs I'm sure.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 11:21:08 PM »
I agree with P.O.L. mostly.  Really good defensively from both sides limiting the chances.  I thought they were a little hoofball and a bit boring.  They scored their one real chance, we didn't.  Point would've definitely been fair, for me.

Bit miffed with the subs.  The system needed freshening up, not just the players.  Like for like didn't work in my opinion. 

Thought we played well and overall I was happier with this loss than the 1-0 win against Redditch.  Let's build on the better performances and kick on now.

Seenbetter

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 11:59:30 PM »
Agree with WP about Scotts interview and with PoL summing up. We must have had 70% of the game. I think they only had one attempt on our goal and unfortunately they scored, got to give it credit, a very quick cross and a nice touch of a head, a good goal. I don't think we gave their goalie a lot to worry about. He took the ball out of the air well and there was always a lot of them between our players and the goal. I know I have said it before but I do wonder where our goals are going to come from. We seem to have lost the knack.
Having said all that I wouldn't slag Sleath off about the penalty. He does well for us and even the best players in the world miss them.
Overall we played very good football and it was good to watch.
Repeat my end of season prediction, to finish 5th in the league and if the ref allows it, to win the playoffs.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
now i know how alfreton felt when we won 1-0 there. alfreton had 75% of possesion in that game and missed a penalty and we scored our only good chance. a mirror image of yesterdays game. the only difference was that we took an away support to alf.

Eddie Killick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
    Let`s face it. We were beaten by a better side on the day although we did play good football at times. Fellow Pilgrims might like to read Telford`s match report on
            http://www.telfordutd.co.uk/newsitem.aspx?read=1582

There are some good action shots on here too.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 03:34:24 PM »
Quote from: AFC TELFORDS ANNOYINGLY ACCURATE AND INFORMED REPORT
   Greg Mills - the subject of abuse from home supporters after previously rejecting a chance to join the Pilgrims

Erm, not the reason I was baiting him, more his reaction to any form of contact, constant falling over, and general performance of a grade A tw-attitude.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Didnt even know he rejected us, didnt even know we had approached him iand at a guess i wouldnt though to many did

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 12:39:03 AM »
Quote from: AFC TELFORDS ANNOYINGLY ACCURATE AND INFORMED REPORT
   Greg Mills - the subject of abuse from home supporters after previously rejecting a chance to join the Pilgrims

Erm, not the reason I was baiting him, more his reaction to any form of contact, constant falling over, and general performance of a grade A tw-attitude.

Are some corkers in that gallery! Then again the guy works for an agency as well so would hope they would be!

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »
Jellyman was carrying a hamstring injury, so I think he did pretty well to do what he did.
Overall a good performance, and enjoyable match by two good teams.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/