Author Topic: Todays game.  (Read 11772 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Todays game.
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
We did okay i thought as a team,

I felt today there was a few eyes raised over our managers subs and mine included.

A point of veiw should always be backed up by reasons and not just a random slate.

SWD for Hunter was as good as it gets, SWD was starting to get worn and in my veiw it was a good change, My gripe is Boyes who looked like he could play the game twice was fantastic all match, Won 99% of everythink and fed SWD with constant good balls.So what the heck did they take him of for.
Yates was starting to find room and had been for 15 min before we took him of so once again theres a big ?????? Over that sub.

Yes we needed a semple type player on but why take your best player off, Clark was poor all game so clark for semple and a giggle across the middle would have shown more intent IMO,

At the back our weakest player was jellyman possibly not a terrible performance but was stand out the weakest of the 4.

If we was to show intent jellymen should have come of and gone for a bit more bite up front.

As for telford got to say dissapointed, expected more as a team in the middle and up front, There defence was superb all match but the middle and front only looked to be standard.

96 What a waist of town end. And even a few of those couldnt behave.

scot

• View Profile
Re: Todays game.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
Yes Bostonshire i agree, The like 4 like subs didnt make sense we needed to change the game but the managers seem to do this on a regular basis. Danny Sleath poor penalty kick, i would have given it to Yatesy

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
In credit to sleath 9 out of 10 i would back him

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
At the back our weakest player was jellyman possibly not a terrible performance but was stand out the weakest of the 4.

Did you go to the game?? Cullingworth and Church had stinkers

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 05:44:10 PM »

Did you go to the game?? Cullingworth and Church had stinkers

Yes and moved at half time to the centre of spain road so i could see all parts of the pitch.

I must have been watching a different game thou as im sure the church i was watching played as a midfeilder. Cully wasnt good but i didnt think he was the weakest player

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 05:53:44 PM »
I must have been at a different game to both you because I don't think the defence could really play much better. Poor marking for the header which if you're being over critical you could blame on the centre halves but that apart from that they didn't put a foot wrong. Telford defence where just as strong it was very much 2 like for like teams.

All in all was a very good game to watch, not in an attacking sense mind as defences on top. I personally wouldn't criticize anyone we passed the ball well and had the greater % of possession for most of the game. Another day we'd have scored the penalty and got a point so overall disappointed with the result but not the performance. I'd guess as well that if we'd played like that against a team outside the top 5 we'd have won.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »
WP Jellymen was opened up everytime on this side mate, Like i said in my first he wasnt terrible just possibly the weakest of the 4 and the one i would have sacrificed instead of going like for like.

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »
I think the important thing here is the attendance.

I predicted 1609 and there were 1610 there - c'mon me!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 06:07:07 PM »
I think the important thing here is the attendance.

I predicted 1609 and there were 1610 there - c'mon me!

Mine was 1602, I did get the score the right way round thou.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
WP Jellymen was opened up everytime on this side mate, Like i said in my first he wasnt terrible just possibly the weakest of the 4 and the one i would have sacrificed instead of going like for like.

Just goes to show how we can all go to the same game and get different opinions because I didn't really see it. Same as your point on subs, Id agree with SWD for Miles was right as SWD had run himself ragged, also agree that Boyes should of stayed on the pitch. But didn't see any threat from Yates after about 30 minutes in and I'd agree with the managers was the right decision at the right time. Opinions hey.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
wasn't the best of games, could tell it was 2 sides playing eachother from the top end of the table

myself i think there goal came along too easy and could have been avoided, and the turning point was the penalty, if that had gone in i'd have fancied our chances but it seemed to take any mommentum we had away

anyway onwards and upwards, just need to make sure we make a PO slot ours for keeps !

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 06:17:03 PM »

Just goes to show how we can all go to the same game and get different opinions because I didn't really see it. Same as your point on subs, Id agree with SWD for Miles was right as SWD had run himself ragged, also agree that Boyes should of stayed on the pitch. But didn't see any threat from Yates after about 30 minutes in and I'd agree with the managers was the right decision at the right time. Opinions hey.

Yates only started to threat for around 10 min be4 he went of, but in that ten min he found on 3 times space that gave them summit to think about. Dont agree with the change one bit as for 7 min after the change we had no left wing, And when we did i couldnt be certain if it was clark or sleath, our shape completly went out the game.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 07:06:10 PM »
I would have took clarke off useless. did jelleyman get an injury looked like it to me. imo i think if we had a little more width we would have got a little better after that no3 got booked i thought yates should hve took him on every time i was a little dissapointed there

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 08:18:16 PM »
Jellyman didn't look up for it today, looked like he was nursing an injury and he started limping late second half.
Telford didn't do much to impress, and we had a bad day at the office.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 08:22:07 PM »
Poor penalty, but Sleath has taken a few before. It was probably just shocking that we had actually had one given!

We did OK I thought (Brian Little style), but didn't look dangerous enough. One good cross did for us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/