Author Topic: Welcome to Pilgrims Patter  (Read 24757 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to Pilgrims Patter
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »
The reincarnated Patter is ten years old in July. Are we buying Ken a Batemans to say cheers? I did write about him in the Chorley programme this weekend, but with crowds slumping I doubt anyone read it....

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2019, 04:26:51 PM »
What was it before?
Was it the same but just an older version, l can recall the original website but cannot recall it being on there.
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 06:40:20 PM »
Patter was on the original website, but then there was some kind of falling out between Ken and the club and he gave it up... then I hosted a forum on impsTALK, which I gave up in 2009 because it was a pain in the arse, and clearly having a Boston United forum named after Lincoln City was never going to be sustainable long term.

Don't underestimate how much crap you have to put up with running these things (although I'd argue it was much worse a few years ago when forums like this were a lot busier than they are now - social media has taken much of the traffic now).

Old boy thin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2019, 08:07:33 PM »
Thanks Pete for the explanation.
I think l can remember the fall out, l think it was something to do with the current chairman of that time.
Would that be Mr Wood ???
"I don't believe you""
"That's of minor importance, what is of major f***ing importance,is that l believe you".

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2019, 09:28:43 PM »
The reincarnated Patter is ten years old in July. Are we buying Ken a Batemans to say cheers? I did write about him in the Chorley programme this weekend, but with crowds slumping I doubt anyone read it....

Time for a testi-moan-ye-all?