Author Topic: Match thread.  (Read 18371 times)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Match thread.
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
Terrible pitch, terrible ref, terrible home fans (bizarrely calling our players animals when their players started every fracas), terrible performance.
Worcester had one tactic - lump it long and close us down quickly to give us no time on the ball (occasionally their tackles were legal!), and we didn't cope with it and couldn't impose ourselves on the game.
Should have been a red card their no 11 in the first minute for shocking tackle of Church then pushing Cully over - not even a yellow and that set the tone for the ref's 'performance'.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 08:34:52 PM »
They adapted to the conditions and the free for all nature of the game far better than we did.  We're getting found out against the physical sides on pudding pitches.  This years winter hasn't helped us and we need spring to turn quickly before we're cast adrift of the chasing pack.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 09:19:40 PM »
To true we are far to weak pysicaly in the middle so we never win a second ball then it just keeps comin back

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 10:04:21 PM »
Where to start...

Their team are the worst team I've seen since Retthug last year and we bloody better beat them at our place to make amends for what we had to suffer at their place today.

Diving every time we put any sort of challenge in, 2 two-footed challenges that both should of been red that got yellow, timewasting from the first minute, swearing and pointing at the ref... the list goes on. Every 50-50 challenge that we won he gave them a free kick, if they won mostly unfairly he let it go. Worst ref I've seen in a long time.

As for Worcester, I haven't seen gamesmanship like it since Evans managed us. Sh*t ground, god awful fans and team. What a waste of a day and not a little amount of money to watch "that" performance from the ref, who short of coming out in a blue and white shirt couldn't have been more obviously a homer, and the disgusting Worcester team.

Edit. Nearly forgot every one of 4-5 near punch ups was started by them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:16:02 PM by woad_pilgrim »

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 10:15:17 PM »
They adapted to the conditions and the free for all nature of the game far better than we did.  We're getting found out against the physical sides on pudding pitches.  This years winter hasn't helped us and we need spring to turn quickly before we're cast adrift of the chasing pack.
Don't agree with this. Our other 3 defeats were twice at home by Nunny and Trinity and our pitch is far from a pudding pitch. The other defeat is away to Droylsden. Only Trinity can be considered physical put of those 3 and even then I'd say hard but fair. Droylsden passed us off the park and Nunny played swift counter attacking football. Today was just one of them days where we had a weak ref which led to the them doing as they pleased all day.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 10:17:03 PM »
Agree Woad.

Enjoyed nothing about the day - from the rubbish parking to the rubbish weather, to the rubbish wooden bench arse killer stand (which had to pay a £1 supplement for), the rubbish ref, the rubbish pitch, the rubbish catering facilities in the main stand, the rubbish way in which Boston couldn't/didn't do anything in the game, the rubbish annoying woman sat in front of me who insisted Boston were 'dirty' (excuse me love, do you know the offside rule ?) The rubbish fat Worcester sub who came on up front in the second half to accompany the rubbish ginger one - and not forgetting the rubbish, eyesore of a ground.

A truely rubbish day.

DL

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
It seems Rob Scott agrees with some of the things said on here about players not being up to physical challenge - he doesn't sound happy!!!

http://audioboo.fm/boos/271180-boston-united-rob-scott-postmatch

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2011, 05:45:17 AM »
I would say he's spot on with his comments. I've not watched them away at all this season but at home some of them do look a bit, you know. I'm not going to say poor, because they did get us in to this league, but as Rob says, have some of them reached their limits?
I'm not complaining though, to finish in the top half, play offs will be a fantastic achievement for us considering where we were a couple of years ago.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 09:06:01 AM »
I think alot of people have good points but what ever your thinking as to why we have fairly poor form, i no we are no losing alot of games but we aint playing well either. I think most would agree something needs to change ( And no i dont mean the managers ) i agree with scott to many are in their comfort zone

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »
I have to say I like Rob Scott, no crap spoken straight o the point no misunderstanding and expectations clearly set for those who have not performed.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »
Get some brick  s*houses  into the back and middle line
  Then people can  moan at US when we win .....!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 02:59:56 PM »
Get some brick  s*houses  into the back and middle line
  Then people can  moan at US when we win .....!

I thought we'd turned our back on the thug teams last year, it seems we've just moved up to thug teams that can play a bit instead of just plain thug.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Just as an option .. consider the level of League we are in ..

Pilgrimlady77

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »
Now I'm no expert but.....(gonna duck when i say this) RS said we have a dressing room of boys and they have men. What is the average age of our team?? We need a couple of more experienced players last season we we're playing boys this season is a bit different but we still have most of our 'boys'. Play boys...get boys, play men i think you get my drift

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
I thought we'd turned our back on the thug teams last year, it seems we've just moved up to thug teams that can play a bit instead of just plain thug.
[/quote]

And they're fitter.  Last year we were fitter than most teams and won a lot of games in the last 20 mins.  This year most teams seem to be able to keep going for 90 mins (or maybe we aren't testing them enough to tire them?)