Author Topic: articles for wider circulation  (Read 9188 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: articles for wider circulation
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 09:59:09 AM »
Quick, fetch me violin.  ;D

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
  For old times sake...         

..... Hello steve :)

They are re emerging from the woodwork.

Pilgrim says:
January 31, 2011 at 1:31 pm

There are a few Boston fans who dislike Evans and sadly they are the minority which are shouting the loudest!
A lot of Boston fans still appreciate what Steve Evans did for Boston United, we was on the verge of oblivion before the saviour arrived, he performed miracles with our little club and that is why he was known by the name ‘Messiah’.
Of course Mr. Evans is like Marmite you either love him or hate him, but his pedigree in management will see him manage a premiership club one day.
Steve Evans brought good times, excitement and got the town of Boston buzzing, this Pilgrim wishes Steve and his Crawley team all the best.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
A big well done to David Whittle.
Good that The Guardian have seen sense and at least printed David's letter.
I'm not sure what the Trust is up to these days but would Mel or another officer consider penning a general release to the national daily press with the facts before they print more drivle?

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 03:57:11 PM »
Have you got a a link please?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
A big well done to David Whittle.
Good that The Guardian have seen sense and at least printed David's letter.
I'm not sure what the Trust is up to these days but would Mel or another officer consider penning a general release to the national daily press with the facts before they print more drivle?

Do will still have a trust?

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 11:00:58 PM »
It was my letter in the Guardian today, LP. I can't find a link to it, but this is what I sent in:

I am very surprised at the Guardian giving Steve Evans, the Crawley manager, such an easy ride. Most of your readers will recall how he led my club, Boston United, into the Football League only by his dishonesty, for which he was subsequently  banned by the FA and convicted at Southwark Court. Evans and his associates all but ruined  Boston United. They wrecked the reputation of what had been one of the leading non-league clubs and brought it to its knees financially. Had it not been for the efforts of the honest current owners, the club would have ceased to exist. These owners are gradually restoring the club's good name and fortunes. It is laughable for Evans to say that many fans would like him as their club's manager, if typical of his unpleasant ego. This is a man convicted of football-related fraud who should not be let near any self-respecting club. I hope for the sake of Crawley supporters that history does not repeat itself. Whoever said that cheats do not prosper was clearly lying.

They left out the sentences towards the end about his ego and football-related fraud, but at least kept the end itself untouched. I've been firing off emails quite often: 5 Live (Sport on 5, and Claridge and Chapman in particular) has ignored them despite/because of their fawning attitude towards the Corpulent Caledonian in recent weeks. I know some people think we should try and forget about it, but I'm afraid that the sound of Evans being treated as he has been drives me round the bend. The more of us that can pepper the media with similar missives the better.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:54 AM »
Maybe a letter from BUSA or a press release from them to the wider media might stir a few from their slumbers?

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 12:44:28 PM »
Absolutely wonderful work OAKHAM and im just ashamed i havent made the effort myself...i find it galling that he he going to be paraded around like the self confessed MESSIAH he thinks he is.But knowing what a unjust world it is this little part of Lincolnshire WILL NEVER FORGET HIM!!!!.....one day hopefully one day his true colours will be revealed

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
Excellent piece Oakham Pilgrim. I'm afraid my efforts to enlighten Racing UK and At the Races (where his ego is constantly massaged) continues to fall on deaf ears.

Keep up the good work and let the bastard have it.

The President

• View Profile

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 04:26:30 PM »
Can somebody set up a google bomb?

Why dosen't somebody put all relevent articles together in some web space with all the relevent keywords for google to pick up. Over the next few weeks a lot of people are going to be googling 'EVANS' 'Crawley' etc, would be good if we could get a page at the top of the list containing the truth.

Once set up we can all google the 'key words' to raise it in the listings.

It needs somebody that knows more about search engines than I do thou.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 05:16:32 PM »
Can somebody set up a google bomb?

Why dosen't somebody put all relevent articles together in some web space with all the relevent keywords for google to pick up. Over the next few weeks a lot of people are going to be googling 'EVANS' 'Crawley' etc, would be good if we could get a page at the top of the list containing the truth.

Once set up we can all google the 'key words' to raise it in the listings.

It needs somebody that knows more about search engines than I do thou.

Only thing is there is a awful lot of kids who put, T***,C***,W***** and T***** in there google bar for fun to just see what comes up, My concearn is would you want a poor inoccent little child to read articles about the fat one. lets face it the real deffinition of them words would scare a person less