Author Topic: job done  (Read 5960 times)

cambocakes

• View Profile
job done
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:48:47 PM »
Well before this season started most peoples hopes for this seasons was to stay in the league.After amassing already 45 pts i would like to think this will be acheived.So to some who are a bit done in the mouth take a reality check,and be grateful for this seasons acheivements.For me anything more now is a bonus,at least blue sq north footie nxt season.I sometimes think although high standards should be applauded i feel at this point we should realise what a great position we are in to kick on.But please dont get morose if we fall short of expectations,after all its not for the want of trying!!.....and Paul Hurst your latest interview....you need a hug son!!!!....3pts clean sheet....RESULT!!!!!!!better than a great performance and losing.CMON YOU ALL CHEER THE F**K UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe65

• View Profile
Re: job done
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:33 PM »
Couldn't agree more!

We're in a fantastic position which everyone would of bit your hand off back in the summer.

Amazed people have started questioning the managers lately....their record in management (two promotions and now 4th in the league) proves they know what they are doing.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:07:15 PM »
It's not questioning the managers of course they've done a great job and we're behind them (well I am anyway). It's called having an opinion like when you talk to you mates leaving the ground or in the clubhouse after.

As for the original statement agree that avoiding relegation has to be the first objective and you're correct that would of been enough this season. But personally I thought this team was capable of much more and it has panned out that way so far...

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
Pesonally I'm more than happy with the management, league position, players and the added bonus of an exiting ply off/promotion chase to look forward to.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »
So because we're currently in the top 5 and mostly likely safe from relegation, the players can now put in dire performances like the Redditch game and we should be grateful we're still in the BSN. I don't go along
with that philosophy.
If people are unhappy with our current form, then it's their democractic right to voice it. I refuse to clap like a seal and pretend everything is fantastically perfect when it's not. When we play bad, I'll say so. When we play well, I'll praise the players and credit them for their achievements. It's how the real world works.
At present, we're under performing, albeit still mananging to pick up points. Listening to our managers, they echo that sentiment that we can play much better.

Joe65

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
Agree that, of course, everyone has their right to an opinion.

My point is that at times some fans - and I stress some fans - question them as if they don't know what they are doing. Also think expectations are out of control at times.

I don't agree with everything they say and do, but I trust them because they usually prove to be right.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 08:54:24 AM »
Pesonally I'm more than happy with the management, league position, players and the added bonus of an exiting ply off/promotion chase to look forward to.
I think the problem is that we're 4th in the league, so fans think "Why aren't we 3rd?", and always expect us to be better than we are.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »

The 'moaners' behind the dugout were at it again on Tuesday night. But none of them seemed to notice that every time we had a goal kick or free kick Redditch put eight men across the back - would you be able to get past eight men on the way towards their goal? No. Just be thankful we are where we are, a lot of clubs below us would like to be in our position. And every team goes through a poor patch at some time or other - and we don't have refs helping us like Man U seem to get!

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 07:22:03 PM »
not job done. the reason why alot of people are moaning is because they have high expectations. avoiding relegation is certainly not MOST peoples expectations. my expectation for this season was to finish in the play offs and always thought we are good enough to do so.
the fact that we are playing so poor at times at the mo fuels fans emotions and moaning is a natural reaction. its a good job we are still getting the points otherwise the moaning would be defening, that is of course if the fans turn up. (hence, the low attendances)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 07:37:59 PM »
Are you saying if we finish in 6th, PH and RS have failed?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
not failiure at all. finishing 6th or 7th could be because of our massive injury problems. some things just can't be helped. i am still very confident that we will get back to form and finish strongly. i doubt the moaners will stop though, just wish they would have some restraint and do it so the players and the bench does not hear it.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
Are you saying if we finish in 6th, PH and RS have failed?

The chairman expects us to reach the play offs. If he's expecting that, then why do you knock other fans for also expecting this ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:51 PM »
I'm asking a question, not knocking anyone.

Seenbetter

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 10:56:57 PM »
I think we will finish in a play off position, probably 5th, and will be pleased with that. Any play off game would be exciting. The problem could then be if we get promotion, how do we afford the probable increase in revenue that would be needed to pay the players we would need in that league. Our gates seem to be decreasing and performances like the one against Redditch the other night certainly wont encourage people to part with their hard earned cash. With the recession and continual increases in the all round cost of living people are being very careful about what they spend their money on.

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
Our gates are only slightly down at the present due to the large ammount of back to back home games. Also factor in penny pinching after Xmas and the recession, I think we do well to get the crowds we do in such tricky times.