Author Topic: Todays game v s/moors  (Read 3266 times)

faraway pilgrim

• View Profile
Todays game v s/moors
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
Couldnt make the game tonite who can tell me about it please?

woad_pilgrim

Re: Todays game v s/moors
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »
Decent game and a good point in the end. Solihull are a big side but still passed the ball about well. Their number 9 is a giant and towered above both Shaun and Kev Austin and won everything in the air. Danny Haystead made 3 superb saves from headers by said number 9 in the first half to keep us in the game. Their number 8 was superb and pretty much ran the show in the middle although Church and Sleath battled well.

Would say we just about deserved a point as we created a few chances and second half they went long and where less effective. Our team looked like they where, strangers with so many new players involved. They're a good side can see why they haven't lost many and are on a good run. Ref was a joke.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyable game.Solihull came with a positive attacking attitude which resulting in Haystead puling off not 1 not 2 not 3 but at least 4 stunning saves.Boston had great efforts from Newsham, and couple times with Boyes.Darly, i think that was our number 11 got into some great situations with his wing play.Austin was a man mountain in defence...oh yeah the REFEREE...THINK HE MISSED THE CIRCUS WHEN IT LEFT TOWN!!!!They scored when a resulting another save from Haystead was poked home.Then we piled it on and with only 10 mins to go Dannys thigh glanced was in the net!!!!After all 3 subs where on AUSTIN got a face full and had to retire leaving us with 10 men,but we seem to be more threatning going forward....Darly was still weaving and Miles once came close but the advancing keeper got lucky with his hand and another blasted over.Church resembling BUTCHER and INCE with his bandaged head was battling for all especially when dropped into defence due to Austins absent.Boston should be proud of their resilience and attitude.Some good football from both teams but at times spoiled by the effing clown in black!!!......position in the league consolidated......GREAT TIMES AT THE JAKEMANS ARENA

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Solihul were well organised and put several good balls into the box causing us problems with two big men up front forcing Haystead into making several saves. Pearson didn't have one of his better games and was sloppy in possesion at times. Williams and Robinson played at full back back and did ok but failed to support the wide players resulting in our main threat coming from long balls to Boyes who showed skilled and was our main threat tonight. Playing the two lads this soon from Rotherham back fired, number 7 failed to get in the game at all, number 11 was better but didn't offer the same threat or support to the front men than Yates, Semple of Newsham do when playing wide. We really missed SWD tonight,  Newsham didn't do much and doesn't play aswell up front has he does wide left, Hunter would propably have been the better option from the start. Once we scored the lads got a buzz in their play and if it wasn't for having to play with ten men (due to a bang to Austins head - who had a good game and showed his experience) for the last ten inutes we could probably have gone on to win the game. All in all though a point each was a fair result with the MOM performances from both Hayetead and Church worth the entrance fee alone.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:32 PM »
can see why they have been on such a good run, think a draw was a fair result even if Hayestead made some saves to keep us init before H/T but on the whole i think we did enough to deserve the point

our number 11 (sorry with all the new faces this week even i'm struggling to keep up!) he looked running at players but he seemed naive in when to get the ball in the box alot of the time go backwards instead of putting their keeper/defence under pressure but i'm sure S/H will have a word withh im

Big Kev impressed me seemed solid enough could tell hes got experiance he read the game well i thought

The full backs imo are only here because of our injury crisis but they can do a job and have some experiace, i think with Murphy being out such a long time if we can get Canners, Jelly man and Pearson fully fit i could see a back 4 along with Big Kev working quite well but we'll have to wait and see how things pan out

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 07:58:59 AM »
Yates is ok untill someone tackles him then u dont see him for the rest of the game at least the new boys try to take people on. As for the idiot that that shouted u dont no what ya doin behind me when the bought Davidson on i thought he looked good last night and scored